Following a successful run in Japan and the U.S., VIZ Media announces broadcasters and release dates in more than 100 countries in Europe and Africa for hit anime series produced by LEVEL-5 and Dentsu.
PARIS -- Paris-based VIZ Media Europe, a provider of Japanese Entertainment content in Europe, has announced that the first season (26 episodes) of the animated TV series Yo-Kai Watch will be available in more than 100 territories (Europe & Africa) on leading kids channels to ensure maximum exposure for the show.
- UK: Cartoon Network on April 23rd, 2016
- France: BOING in April 2016 – Gulli on September 1st, 2016 – Cartoon Network in March 2017
- Germany and Austria: Nickelodeon on May 21st, 2016
- Italy: Cartoon Network in April 2016, later on BOING
- Spain: BOING in May, 2016
- Africa: BOING in May 2016
- Russia and Ukraine: channels to be announced soon – Fall 2016
- Belgium and Netherlands: Nickelodeon on May 21st, 2016
- Central and Eastern Europe, Nordics countries, Portugal, Turkey and Poland: Cartoon Network between April and May 2016
- Israel: Noga in Summer 2016
The story of Yo-Kai Watch centers around a young boy, Nate, who gets a special watch empowering him to discover mysterious beings called “Yo-kai”. The Yo-kai are everywhere and cause little nuisances in daily life. Nate’s role is to find out the reason for their mischievous behaviors and to talk them out of it. Nate uses his own creative wit and is helped by his fellow Yo-kai that he befriends each time he solves a problem.
Created by the renowned Japanese video game company LEVEL-5, Inc., the Yo-Kai Watch franchise currently boasts a NINTENDO 3DS video game series, a top-rated animated TV series jointly produced by LEVEL-5, Inc., Dentsu Inc., and TV TOKYO Corporation. There is also a manga and related books published by SHOGAKUKAN INC, as well as toys (Hasbro, Inc.) and other merchandise
With an imaginative plot, great characters and comedy, Yo-Kai Watch has become a very popular franchise in Japan, in just 2 years.
Source: VIZ Media