Just launched division of ViacomCBS International Studios reveals global creator partnerships and development plans.
VIS KIDS, a division of ViacomCBS International Studios, has announced several creators and talent partners tied to key projects in development. The studio is partnering with creative communities around the world to support its mission of developing and producing content in the kids and family space for Nickelodeon and the ViacomCBS ecosystem, in addition to third party buyers and partners. VIS KIDS also plans to expand its global footprint with the development and production of new formats across preschool, live-action, animation, and young adult, in regions such as the UK, Israel, Asia, and Latin America. Additionally, the kids content studio, which launched October 2020, revealed its new brand identity.
"In launching VIS KIDS, we saw a great demand in the industry for creator driven, high quality and platform agnostic kids and family content across a wide genre – from preschool, to animation, to live action,” said Nina Hahn, Head of VIS KIDS. “We're excited to align with amazing creatives across the globe as we continue to establish VIS KIDS as a leader in the world of kids and family content, while fueling ViacomCBS's global content pipeline.”
The launch of VIS KIDS forms the foundation for ViacomCBS International Studio’s plan to develop more than 30 new kids shows over the next three years. Projects are currently being developed in live-action, animation, young adult, and preschool.
- Deer Squad - VIS KIDS is announcing a third season of hit global preschool CG-animated series Deer Squad, the adventure-rescue show on Nickelodeon that follows four, lovable, enthusiastic, and heroic deer friends. This series is a result of a partnership between iQIYI, an innovative market-leading online entertainment service in China, Nickelodeon International and VIS KIDS.
- Ib The Dog (Season 2), a Paramount+ Original animated preschool series, made exclusively for the premium streaming service in the Nordics region.
- Gloria Wants to Know It All, an animated preschool series created in partnership with superstar Marc Anthony, Academy Award winning writer-director Juan José Campanella, Mundoloco Animation Studios and Lanugo Media.
In addition to the new and returning series, VIS KIDS is announcing a list of talent and creator partnerships representing the breadth and global diversity of VIS KIDS content. Partnerships include:
- A first-look animation deal with UpperRoom Productions, a production company founded by actor and producer, John Boyega, known for starring in Star Wars, Red, White and Blue and Detroit. Through the agreement, UpperRoom will present three to five projects to the studio for consideration to develop into a long form series.
- A first-look animation deal with Fred Seibert; Founder and CEO of FredFilms, and the driving force behind such iconic animation projects as Nickelodeon’s The Fairly OddParents and Cartoon Network’s Adventure Time. Through the agreement, FredFilms will present at least three projects to the studio with the goal of at least one being put into development.
- Continued collaboration with Israeli based Ananey Studios, a force in the kids’ content world, best-known for Netflix’s Greenhouse Academy, Rising, The Hood and Sky, with a focus on preschool animation and live-action projects for six to ten year-olds.
- A female-led adventure comedy with Wildseed Studios, a multi-award-winning studio producing scripted content for kids and young adults, and Tom Gran & Martin Woolley, BAFTA award-winning creators and animation duo. Wildseed’s award wins include a British Animation Award, British Writer’s Guild Award, Australian Writer’s Guild Award and more.
- A mixed media comedy show by Joel Mackenzie of Wildseed Studios and an award-winning content creator known for The Becky & Bagel Show.
- A Korea-originated “fish out of water” comedy by Jiwan Yoon, founder and Creative Director of Electural, a creative studio in South Korea.
- A development deal with Argentine cartoonist and writer, Liniers, for an adaptation of an upcoming new book.
- An animated series about citizenship and community by Daniel Bays, Creator and Showrunner of the international hit and twice BAFTA nominated preschool animated series Tree Fu Tom, and Creator, Developing Producer and Writer on hit CBeebies & Boat Rocker show Bitz & Bob.
- A groundbreaking animated preschool series using innovative technology by Gili Dolev, Co-Creator, Showrunner and Supervising Director of Nickelodeon’s Zack & Quack and Daytime Emmy nominated Series Director of Nick Jr.’s Nella the Princess Knight; and Nigel Pickard, Former Controller of BBC Children behind CBeebies and CBBC, Former Director of Programmes for ITV Network and Executive Producer of Zack & Quack and Floogals.
- A fun-filled animated quest series by Paul Weston; Former CEO / Chairman of Vivid, and founding member of Toys ‘R’ Us UK.
ViacomCBS International Studios Distribution recently announced the addition of over 350 episodes of content to its sales catalogue from Ananey Studios. The newly added content includes teen live-actions series, and kids’ and preschool shows such as Craft Party (Hebrew and English versions) and Rescue Team. The recently launched kids’ sitcom Unsupervised and ground-breaking teen adventure series Rising and The Hood, are amongst the titles being newly distributed by VIS Distribution as finished tapes or available as format for adaptation.
Source: ViacomCBS International Studios