Peter Ramsey, Roy Conli, Rob Minkoff, Ramsey Naito and Shannon Tindle are a few of the top industry leaders coming to Torino to attend and present in person at Italy’s premiere animation, VFX, games, and computer graphics conference, running October 16-21, onsite and online.
VIEW Conference 2022 has announced the first group of confirmed speakers for the 23rd edition of Italy’s premiere animation, VFX, games, and computer graphics conference, taking place in person in Torino, Italy, and online from October 16-21.
This year’s event will see most speakers return to attend in-person, with professionals, students, and enthusiasts also encouraged to attend the event onsite. The OGR, Torino’s modern venue, will house a program of talks, presentations, workshops, and masterclasses in what promises to be a vibrant and inclusive atmosphere.
Attendees will have an opportunity to meet leading filmmakers, artists, and visionaries for an inspiring exchange of ideas and experiences, whether onsite or online. The entire event will also be Livestreamed for global audiences.
Two program highlights are a special summit on the Metaverse and a focused conference track on the groundbreaking field of virtual production.
The conference will welcome an array of speakers, including:
- Ramsey Naito: President of Nickelodeon Animation and Paramount Animation and producer of The Boss Baby.
- Roy Conli: The Oscar-winning producer will be presenting Disney’s upcoming animated feature Strange World.
- Peter Ramsey: Oscar-winning director will give a talk about the Netflix animated series Lost Ollie.
- Shannon Tindle: The creator joins Ramsey in the discussion about Lost Ollie.
- Rob Minkoff (director): (The Lion King and Mr. Peabody and Sherman) presents Paramount Pictures’ Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank.
- Alex Schwartz (executive producer): (Mr. Peabody and Sherman and The Addams Family) joins Minkoff in the presentation of Paramount Pictures’ Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank.
- Kris Pearn: Director of The Willoughbys and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2.
- Marc Petit: Epic Games’ Unreal Engine, VP and GM.
- Paul Debevec: Netflix director of research, creative algorithms, and technology.
- Steve May: Pixar’s chief technology officer.
- Eloi Champagne: Interactive storytelling specialist will unveil his work as technical director at the National Film Board of Canada.
- Dylan Sisson: Creative pioneer behind Pixar’s RenderMan.
- Jan-Bart van Beek: Game developer and studio director of Guerilla Games will showcase Horizon Forbidden West, the action role-playing game from Sony Interactive Entertainment.
- Kevin Grow: Insomniac Games lead animator will present Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, the award-winning game developed for Sony’s Playstation 5.
Presenting cutting-edge innovations in visual effects and virtual production are:
- Rob Bredow: Industrial Light & Magic senior vice president and chief creative officer.
- Ben Morris: ILM London creative director and Oscar-winning visual effects supervisor.
- Janet Muswell Hamilton: HBO senior vice president of visual effects.
- Jay Worth: Visual effects supervisor will discuss the imagery in HBO’s sci-fi series Westworld.
- Danielle Feinberg: Pixar Animation Studio’s visual effects supervisor will discuss working on Turning Red.
- Fran Kalal: Pixar Animation Studio’s simulation and tailoring supervisor will discuss Lightyear.
“I am always thrilled when the time comes to reveal the first set of confirmed speakers for VIEW Conference,” said Conference Director Dr. Maria Elena Gutierrez. “And this year’s roster is exceptional. The wealth of talent represented here is truly awe-inspiring, not to mention the enthusiasm that all our speakers have for sharing their wisdom with students, enthusiasts, and professionals alike. Our list of speakers continues to grow with dizzying speed – I can truly guarantee that the full VIEW Conference 2022 program will be out of this world!”
Register Free: Pixar Lightyear Creative Team Panel Discussion on June 28 here.
Free Giveaway of a Wacom Intuos Pro tablet ends June 27 – information is available here.
Tickets are available with early bird pricing for VIEW Conference 2022 here.
Source: VIEW Conference
Dan Sarto is Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Animation World Network.