The in-person and virtual conference is off and running - highlights include SideFX’s software reveal, talks by Epic Games, educational workshops and coming Friday, a virtual making-of panel about Walt Disney Animation Studio’s latest animated feature – and registration is free.
VIEW Conference 2021 is back, both in-person and online and filled to the brim with more than 250 speakers and 160 panels, workshops, masterclasses, and inspiring keynote speeches. Now underway, the event runs through October 22 in Torino, Italy and on the conference’s virtual platform. VIEW 2021 is once again free to attend online via a simple registration, with inexpensive options for both safely managed onsite as well as continued VOD access to the entire program.
Click here for your free registration.
Here are just a few of the latest programming highlights:
SideFX reveals the latest version of its award-winning visual effects software Houdini 19.
- The official reveal kicked off a specially curated set of Houdini HIVE presentations with back-to-back talks by a range of visual effects professionals exploring the capabilities of the new software. Focus will be on new features and improvements to KineFX, Muscles & Tissue, Crowds, Solaris, Karma, Modeling, Pyro FX, FLIP Fluids, Vellum, RBD Destruction, FEM, Grooming, and PDG.
- Animation and rigging techniques in Unreal Engine and getting to grips with MetaHuman Creator
- Demonstrations of Unreal Engine 5 and Megascans
- ‘Short Term Wins, Long Term Thinking’ a talk with Marc Petit, Unreal Engine VP and general manager and Epic Games executive producer Karen Dufilho.
- Epic Games education partner manager Mark Flanagan discusses career opportunities in the world of real-time.
- Foundry’s look development and lighting software Katana
- A talk about unlocking creativity with the company’s 3D texture painting software Mari
- Adobe presents a workshop on its texturing software Substance 3D
- Adobe VP of 3D & Immersive Sébastien Deguy in a virtual conversation with Academy Award-winner Glenn Entis
Special virtual presentation/panel – The Making of Walt Disney Animation Studio’s Encanto
Streams live Friday October 22, at 12:00pm PDT, and is free to attend:
- During the session, Byron Howard, Ian Gooding and Lorelay Bové will take VIEW Conference attendees behind the scenes on the making of the film, with a special emphasis on ENCANTO’s vibrant visuals.
- Following the presentation, Carolyn Giardina of The Hollywood Reporter hosts an exclusive Q&A with Howard and his creative team.
- Encanto is scheduled for theatrical release November 24
- The film introduces us to the Madrigals, a remarkable family in an enchanted town. It is a magical place where every child in the family is blessed with a unique gift from super strength to the power to heal—every child except one, Mirabel. The movie invites audiences to follow Mirabel on her extraordinary quest to save the magic of Encanto itself. When she discovers that the magic surrounding the Encanto is in danger, Mirabel decides that she, the only ordinary Madrigal, might just be her exceptional family’s last hope. Encanto features original songs by the award-winning Lin-Manuel Miranda.
Don’t miss a thing! Check out the complete program here.
Source: VIEW 2021