In response to a changing industry, the committee has revised R&Ps, updating category definitions; important date announcements include the November 30 closing of entries and February 15, 2023, 21st Annual VES Awards Presentation.
The VES Awards Committee has revised the Rules and Procedures (R&Ps) to update the definitions of several categories to align with current industry practices. A complete list of the R&Ps is available here.
Submissions must be received by November 30, 2022; submission fees remain unchanged.
The newest VES Award:
Category 25: Emerging Technology Award celebrates individuals: the Production Developers, R&D Technical Directors, Software Engineers, and creators of the technology behind the visuals.
Categories 11 and 12 have been combined as:
R&Ps for the following categories have been refined:
- Category 7: Outstanding Visual Effects in a Commercial
- Category 15: Outstanding Virtual Cinematography in a CG Project
- Category 19: Outstanding Effects Simulations in an Episode, Commercial, or Real-Time Project
- Category 22: Outstanding Compositing & Lighting in a Commercial.
Only ONE submission per project is allowed in the General Categories (categories 1 through 8). If more than one facility wishes to submit a project in one of those categories, they must coordinate their submission through either the overall VFX Supervisor or overall VFX Producer to submit a joint entry. Only in broadcast or streaming categories may multiple submissions from the same project be allowed under limited circumstances.
Entrants are encouraged to submit optional PDFs of written supplemental material for posting to the View & Vote site.
- January 1 through December 31, 2022: Period of Eligibility for Entries
- October 10, 2022: Submissions Open
- November 7 through November 30, 2022: Upload Viewing Materials
- November 30, 2022: Submission Deadline
- February 15, 2023: The 21st Annual VES Awards Presentation & Gala
Visit the VES Awards page for complete information.
Source: Visual Effects Society