Visual Effects Society announces new print and digital publication as the leading global voice of VFX to herald its 20th anniversary; inaugural issue slated for April 2017.
LOS ANGELES -- The Visual Effects Society, the visual effects industry’s professional global honorary society, announced the forthcoming publication of VFX Voice, the organization’s new signature print and digital magazine. In concert with the organization’s milestone 20th anniversary, the VES will begin publishing the magazine in April 2017. The editorial focus of the magazine will have a wide global landscape: feature films, TV, commercials, music videos, animation, theme parks, virtual reality, gaming, new media and industry trends, and will celebrate the VES, its diverse membership and 10 sections around the world. In addition to industry circulation, VES members will receive the publication as a benefit of membership.
“After shining a light on the artistry and innovation in the VFX community for 20 years, we are proud to launch our premier magazine,” said Mike Chambers, VES Board Chair. “Extending our work to advance the profile and recognition of our industry, VFX Voice will focus on the art, the craft and the people of the global visual effects community and the Visual Effects Society. Developing a magazine has been a longstanding goal of the organization, and bringing this to fruition is a truly exciting way to embark on our next 20 years.”
VFX Voice has an esteemed creative leadership team at the helm. The VES has named Jim McCullaugh as Publisher, who previously served as the Publisher of the award-winning American Cinematographer magazine for seven years. Ed Ochs has been named Editor and comes to VFX Voice with decades of editorial experience, notably as Editorial Director for Billboard Magazine.
VFX Voice also brings a venerated Advisory Board to the production, lending insight and expertise to its editorial focus. Members of the inaugural VFX Voice Advisory Board include:
- Rob Bredow, Chief Technology Officer, Lucasfilm, Ltd.
- Mike Chambers, Visual Effects Producer and VES Board Chair
- Neil Corbould, Managing Director of Neil Corbould Special Effects Ltd.
- Debbie Denise, Executive Producer
- Paul Franklin, Creative Director, Co-founder Double Negative
- David Johnson, Lead Visual Effects Artist at Activision/Blizzard’s Infinity Ward Studio
- Jim Morris, VES, General Manager and President of Pixar Animation Studios
- Dennis Muren, A.S.C., VES, Senior Visual Effects Supervisor and Creative Director of Industrial Light & Magic
- Sam Nicholson A.S.C., Founder / CEO Stargate Studios
- Eric Roth, VES Executive Director
Advertising opportunities are available for the premiere April 2017 issue; for further information or to request a rate kit email firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail).
Source: Visual Effects Society