Prime Video’s episodic drama about the elastic nature of reality bests ‘The Simpsons,’ ‘Tuca & Bertie,’ and ‘Bob’s Burgers’ at the Sunday-night ceremony.
Prime Video’s Undone episode “Rectify," written by Elijah Aron and Patrick Metcalf, took the top animation award at the Writers Guild of America West (WGAW) and Writers Guild of America, East (WGAE) WGA Awards, which celebrate outstanding achievement in television, new media, news, radio/audio, and promotional. The winners were honored at yesterday’s Fairmont Century Plaza Hotel ceremony.
The complete list of winners and nominees can be found here. Animation-related winner (in bold) and nominees are as follows:
- “Girls Just Shauna Have Fun” (The Simpsons), written by Jeff Westbrook; Fox
- “The Pain Garden” (Tuca & Bertie), written by Lisa Hanawalt; Adult Swim
- “Pixelated and Afraid” (The Simpsons), written by John Frink, Fox
- “Rectify” (Undone), written by Elijah Aron & Patrick Metcalf; Prime Video
- “The Sound of Bleeding Gums” (The Simpsons), written by Loni Steele Sosthand; Fox
- “To Bob, or Not To Bob” (Bob’s Burgers), written by Lizzie Molyneux-Logelin & Wendy Molyneux; Fox
Last year, in a virtual ceremony, the Tuca & Bertie episode “Planteau,” written by Lisa Hanawalt, took home the award.
Dan Sarto is Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Animation World Network.