The 42nd edition of Portugal’s leading animation festival is looking for animated features, shorts and commissioned work.
Creators hoping for selection at Portugal’s 42nd CINANIMA animated film have until July 9 to submit their work. An Oscar-qualifying festival held each year in Espinho, CINANIMA is looking for work in the following categories:
1. Short Films, with are the following categories:
– Up to five minutes;
– More than 5 up to 24 minutes;
– More than 24 up t0 50 minutes;
– Commissioned Films – Commercials and Information;
– Animated Documentary.
2. Feature Films (more than 50 minutes).
3. School Films and/or Graduation Films – films directed by students or graduates and produced at Art Schools, Film Schools or Training Schools for Animated Film, under 50 minutes long are admitted.
Works concluded after January 1, 2017 and which have not been presented for selection in previous editions of the Festival are eligible. The submission is free and online. Rules, technical specifications, authorizations, the Entry Form and further information can be found at www.cinanima.pt.
Dan Sarto is Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Animation World Network.