Celebration of anime, manga and Japanese cultures set for August 30 – September 1 in San Jose, California.
Crunchyroll, the world’s most popular anime brand, has announced its programming slate for the upcoming third annual Crunchyroll Expo, being held August 30 – September 1 at the San Jose McEnry Convention Center. This year’s event features a huge lineup of panels, premieres, guests, performances and more -- fans are invited to take a trip and explore Crunchyroll Expo’s New Crunchy City, an interactive take on a convention that will transport attendees to a place where anime and Japanese pop culture come to life.
Fans attending Crunchyroll Expo can expect to experience:
- Junji Ito’s first-ever U.S. convention appearance, along with an exclusive streetwear line featuring artwork by the famous horror artist and a gallery of his creations.
- A huge lineup of guests including creators and voice actors from The Rising of the Shield Hero, Mob Psycho 100, Zombie Land Saga, and Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, along with 22/7 (nanabun no nijyuuni), Miho Okasaki (That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime) and Ryo Horikawa (Dragon Ball Z) among many others.
- World and domestic U.S. premieres, including BLACKFOX, a Crunchyroll co-production, the OVA for Mob Psycho 100 II, the new series Somali and the Forest Spirit and more.
- Screenings of beloved anime films, including a double feature presented by Toei Animation of Dragon Ball Z: Bardock - The Father of Goku and Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn.
- Musical performances from FLOW, MADKID, TeddyLoid, and others.
- A Crunchyroll Games demo station with playable previews of Mob Psycho 100: Psychic Battle and Attack on Titan TACTICS. Fans can also experience the latest with RWBY: Crystal Match and Grand Summoners gameplay, plus one major IP collaboration to be announced soon.
- To explore New Crunchy City, an interactive metropolis that invites visitors to immerse themselves in the world of anime through experiences including a Crunchyroll-Hime Cafe, Artist Alley Festival, the New Crunchy City Nightclub, and more.
- An extensive slate of panels including a Zombie Land Saga conversation with MAPPA creators and voice actors, a demonstration with character designer Terumi Nishii, a conversation with horror artist Junji Ito on anime’s best cats, industry panels from Crunchyroll and Crunchyroll Games, and much more!
Crunchyroll will also hold a series of focus groups over the course of the weekend. Interested fans can visit CRX Focus Groups to enter for a potential slot to share their thoughts.
Additional guests and events to be announced on a rolling basis.
The San Jose McEnry Convention Center - 150 W San Carlos St, San Jose, CA 95113
Crunchyroll Expo tickets can be purchased here.
Labor Day Weekend - Friday, August 30 - Sunday, September 1