Free screening and Q&A with directors Bill Plympton and Jim Lujan hosted by the School of Visual Arts BFA Animation department to be held on September 13.
Fans of independent animation in New York City are in for a treat with a free screening of Revengeance, the latest animated feature from indie king Bill Plympton and Jim Lujan.
The award-winning hand-drawn feature film will be screened on September 13 at the SVA Theater. Hosted by the SVA BFA Animation department, the event will feature a Q&A with Plympton and Lujan, with Plympton appearing live and Lujan appearing via Skype. General Admission RSVPs via Eventbrite are appreciated, but not necessary, and do not guarantee admittance. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Starring, written and directed by Lujan and produced and directed by Plympton, Revengeance follows a low-rent bounty hunter named Rod Rosse, The One-Man Posse, who gets entangled in a web of danger when he takes on a job from an ex-biker, ex-wrestler turned U.S. senator named Deathface.
Revengeance will also be shown at numerous international festivals and venues over the next few months:
- Summer Animation Festival (Macau on August 25)
- Itau Cultural Institute (Sao Paulo, August 26)
- Fantoche Animation Festival (Baden, Switzerland; September 5-10)
- World Festival of Animated Film (Varna, Bulgaria; September 13-17)
- Anim’est (Bucharest, Romania; September 29-Oct. 8)
- Woodstock Film Festival (October 11-15)
- Tucson Film Festival (October 19-22)
- Bucheon Int’l Animation Festival (Korea, October 20-24)
- Taipei Golden Horse Film Festival (November 3-23)
Plympton’s latest canine caper, Cop Dog, is also busily making the rounds, in theaters and on the festival circuit. This latest entry in the Oscar-nominated Guard Dog series is currently being shown at the NuArt Theater in Los Angeles ahead of Janicza Bravo’s indie comedy Lemon through August 24th.
Cop Dog is set to screen at many of the same venues as Revengeance, as well as at the Ottawa International Animation Festival (September 20-24), KROK (Russia, September 20-28), 3D Wire (Segovia, Spain; October 5-9), Filmets Badalona (Barcelona, October 20-29), Wiesbaden Int’l Weekend of Animation (Germany, October 26-29) and Kinofilm Manchester (U.K., November 20-26).