Public sessions and the keynote address will be streamed live on the Gnomon and Allegorithmic websites.
CLERMONT-FERRAND, France -- Allegorithmic returns to Gnomon School of Visual Effects, Games & Animation in Hollywood, CA, July 27-29, 2017, for the second annual Substance Days Hollywood. Attendees can again enroll in special Masterclasses, learning from some of the most talented artists working in AAA games, while networking with Substance users of all skill levels. Public sessions will also be available, featuring artists from the games, VFX, and AEC industries.
“Substance Days was created as a way for us to show our appreciation to all the Substance users, and to get everyone together in a fun and relaxed environment,” said Dr. Sébastien Deguy, founder and CEO of Allegorithmic. “Since our debut last year, Substance Days has gone global, expanding into Seoul and Tokyo. Hollywood will be the next chance to see what’s in store for Substance and Allegorithmic in 2017 and beyond.”
The Substance Days Hollywood Masterclasses will be taught by artists from CD Projekt RED, Insomniac Games, Sony Santa Monica, Treyarch and Visceral. Classes are scheduled for Thursday and Friday. The public sessions, as well as Friday’s keynote, are free and will run throughout the weekend. Along with gaming and VFX classes, Saturday’s sessions will also include a handful of sessions dedicated to the AEC and VFX industries, providing a full view into the current Substance user base.
CEO Sebastien Deguy will deliver a keynote speech on Friday, July 28 at 6:30 p.m. discussing the future of Substance, along with a few other big announcements. The keynote, along with several of the public sessions, will also be streamed live on the Gnomon and Allegorithmic websites and will be followed by “The Art of Substance II“ gallery opening at Gnomon Gallery as well as a Substance mixer for all attendees.
- Texturing Sonya Blade (Henrique Naspolini – Insomniac Games)
- Creating Ground Foliage in Substance Designer (Mark Foreman – CD Projekt RED)
- Achieving Realistic Weapon Textures with Substance Painter (Ethan Hiley – Treyarch)
- Creating a Tileable Cliff Rock Texture in Substance Designer (Mark Foreman – CD Projekt RED)
- Building an Artist-Driven Substance Pipeline (Ben Nadler – Visceral)
- Keepin’ it Stretchy with Substance Painter (Cliff Schonewill – Sony Santa Monica)
Public Sessions Include:
- What’s New in Substance (Wes McDermott – Allegorithmic)
- Substance in AEC (Scott DeWoody – Gensler)
- Tips and Tricks to Speed Your Substance Painter Workflow (Cliff Schonewill – Sony Santa Monica)
- The Mill: Using Substance for VFX (Sharlene Lin – The Mill)
- Creating Stone Wall Texture in Substance Designer (Mark Foreman – CD Projekt RED)
- Avoiding the Pitfalls of Procedural Texturing (Ethan Hiley – Treyarch)
- Parametric Workflow for Industrial Design (Raymundo Burgueno – HandleBar3D)
- Ask Us Anything (Allegorithmic Team)
The Masterclasses are priced between $434.75 and $539. Attendees who register for more than one Masterclass receive progressive discounts on the second, third and fourth Masterclasses. Friday’s events and Saturday’s conference sessions are free to attend.