Selected innovative immersive projects in XR will be showcased at the conference, taking place in Tokyo from December 14-17; the submission deadline is July 15.
The SIGGRAPH Asia 2021 XR program is looking for innovative immersive masterpieces to showcase at the upcoming December conference. Extended Reality (XR) refers to all environments that combine real and virtual elements generated by computer technology. It includes representative forms such as Augmented Reality (AR), Mixed Reality (MR), and Virtual Reality (VR). XR is a superset that includes the entire spectrum from "the complete real" to "the complete virtual" in the reality–virtuality continuum.
Submissions are being accepted in the following categories:
- Extended reality experiences in art, science, medical, research, 360° film, entertainment, and gaming.
- Artistic and technology performances and demonstrations with applications in design, health/medicine, engineering, science, and training/education.
- Research projects that allow attendees to participate.
- Content-driven and interactive projects that:
- Demonstrate a unique type of interactive and immersive experience that was not possible 18 months ago.
- Practical applications or creative tools that influence day-to-day lives or improves relationships worldwide.
The event is scheduled to take December 14-17 in Tokyo, Japan subject to change based on COVID-19 and possible travel restrictions. Regardless of the event format, organizers will facilitate the virtual presentation of all selected works and they will be published in the event’s Digital Library.
Deadline for submission is July 15; additional information is available here.
And don’t forget, the deadline for submissions to the SIGGRAPH Asia 2021 Computer Animation Festival is August 1: additional information is available here.
Source: SIGGRAPH Asia 2021
Dan Sarto is Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Animation World Network.