43rd Ottawa International Animation Festival runs September 25-29, 2019.
The Ottawa International Animation Festival is now accepting submissions for its 43rd edition, which runs September 25-29, 2019.
Filmmaker Elizabeth Hobbs (director of the BAFTA-nominated I’m OK) will be making the OIAF 2019 signal film, and Steve Angel of award-winning commercial production company Head Gear Animation will create the poster, which will be unveiled on April 1.
Here’s what you need to know to submit your work to OIAF 2019:
- Deadline for entry forms and film URLs is Friday, May 31, 2019.
- There is no entry or registration fee.
- Only animated films that were completed after May 25th, 2018 are eligible.
- You must submit your entry form online through your OIAF login account.
- Your preview film must be submitted on a streamable URL link. The link must remain accessible until the end of July.
- If your film has dialogue that is not English and is not subtitled, you must include an English dialogue script.
- Director's photograph (300 dpi), biography and three stills from the film (300 dpi) are required.
- If your film is selected, we must receive a high-definition Quicktime .mov file (H264 or ProRes only, resolution 1920x1080).
- We can accept DCP, however we require a .mov file as well in order to screen at our non-DCP venues as needed.
- The festival no longer accepts 35mm, Betacam SP or any other tape format as screening copies.
- All films selected for the festival must be received by Friday, August 8th, 2019 or you risk disqualification.
- By submitting your online entry form, you are agreeing to the OIAF 2019 Rules and Regulations.
Source: Ottawa International Animation Festival