6th edition of Japanese festival, being held November 1-4, 2019, is now accepting short film submissions in VR, GIF animation and digital motion comics.
The New Chitose Airport International Festival has announced it will hold its 6th edition this coming November 1-4, 2019. Last year’s event received 2,043 short films from 86 countries/regions and 49 feature films from 25 countries/regions. Submissions are now being accepted for the upcoming November festival. The deadline for short films is June 30th and July 31st for feature films. This year the following are being accepted for the short film competition:
- VR films
- GIF animation
- Digital motion comics
Awards will be given in the following categories:
- Grand Prix (Short Film): 1 million JPY
- Grand Prix (Feature Film): 300,000 JPY
- Japan Grand Prix (Short Film): 500,000 JPY
- New Talent Award (Short Film): 300,000 JPY
- Best Music Animation: 100,000 JPY
- Audience Award: 100,000 JPY
- Best Student Film: Memento
- Kids Award: Memento
More details area available on the festival’s official website.
Source: New Chitose Airport International Animation Festival