New animated action-adventure series, starring the voice of Arnold Schwarzenegger, follows six young superheroes in training as they learn to use their superpowers for good.
Genius Brands has announced that Stan Lee’s Superhero Kindergarten will launch April 23 on Kartoon Channel! with a two-episode double. One of the last creations from the late Stan Lee, the new 2D animated action-adventure comedy series stars the voice Arnold Schwarzenegger, who is also an executive producer on the series. Geared towards kids and families, the series follows the adventures of six unique kids who are learning to master their super skills, along with their ABCs. With the help of their teacher Arnold Armstrong (AKA Captain Fantastic - the greatest superhero to ever live!), they will learn the values of teamwork and health while also protecting their town from rivals.
“This is a deeply personal project for me, and I am so pumped to introduce it to the world,” remarked Schwarzenegger. “Not only has it allowed me to bring to life the work of the fantastic Stan Lee, but the series also touches on subjects I’ve spent my life working on, from health and fitness tips and anti-bullying messages to inclusivity and diversity. It brings me great joy to share that messaging with kids in a way that is vibrant, dynamic, and most important - fun! It’s an honor to have worked with Stan Lee and I know he would be proud of the message we’re delivering.”
It all began five years ago when Arnold Armstrong faced off in a final fight against his nemesis, the evil Dr. Superior, that left him powerless. Little did anyone know that during the fight, super-energy particles rained down on a group of unsuspecting toddlers. Now, those toddlers are kindergarten students at Greenville Elementary School who, with the help of Arnold Armstrong, must learn to control their powers as they go on super adventures! Arnold Armstrong’s mission: to train these kids to use their super-powers safely and without wrecking the school or revealing their identities.
The series includes 26 half-hour long episodes beginning with a two-episode double feature; new episodes will roll out weekly after the debut.
The cast includes:
- Arnold Armstrong/ Captain Fantastic teaches the kids how to use their powers for good.
- Pedro/Power Pedro might be the smallest kid in his class, but his super strength makes him the strongest kid...in the world!
- Patty/Patty Putty can stretch her body, melt like slime, bounce like a super ball and absorb tremendous impact thanks to her stretch power!
- Billy/Blocker has the power to create solid building blocks out of energy that he uses to literally build a wall around himself, others and just about anything!
- Lin/Cray Cray loves to draw and she’s good. So good that everything she draws - from doorways to bridges, comes to life thanks to her crayon power!Jackson/Jackson Jet’s flight powers are a little embarrassing. They come from gas - his own!
- Vik/Sticky has super adhesive skin which gives him stick power! When it activates everything, and anything sticks to him!
Stan Lee’s Superhero Kindergarten is directed by John Landis with Steven Banks (SpongeBob SquarePants) serving as head writer. The series is produced by Genius Brands and Stan Lee’s POW! Entertainment in association with Schwarzenegger’s Oak Productions. Stan Lee’s POW! Entertainment CEO Gill Champion, Genius Brands chairman & CEO Andy Heyward, Schwarzenegger, and Main Street Advisors’ Paul Wachter serve as executive producers.
Viewers can see Stan Lee’s Superhero Kindergarten with the free Kartoon Channel! app on Apple and Android devices; on connected TVs and devices by Samsung, LG, Roku, and Amazon Fire Stick; or by visiting Kartoon Channel!
Source: Genius Brands