The highly anticipated upcoming Sony superhero adventure has fans itching for more, as the film’s August 23 trailer launch broke the all-time 24-hour internet record for most global views; the sequel to box office hit ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ hits theaters December 17.
If there was any doubt, there is no longer – Spider-Man fans are itching for any glimpse of the highly anticipated Spider-Man: No Way Home. When the teaser trailer broke earlier this week, it set the 24-hour all-time record for most global internet views with 355.5 million trailer views, eclipsing the previous record holder, Avengers: Endgame, which drove 289 million views.
We can’t wait! For the first time in the cinematic history of Spider-Man, our friendly neighborhood hero is unmasked and no longer able to separate his normal life from the high-stakes of being a Super Hero. When he asks for help from Doctor Strange, the stakes become even more dangerous, forcing him to discover what it truly means to be Spider-Man.
For the few that haven’t seen it – or those who can’t stop watching it, check it out:
Spider-Man: No Way Home will debut exclusively in movie theaters on December 17, 2021.
The public’s affection and craving for the notorious superhero in indisputable – here are some facts.
- This teaser saw more than twice the viewers of the second trailer for Spider-Man: Far From Home, which hit 135 million views at the 24-hour mark.
- Globally, the teaser trailer generated the largest 24-hour social media conversation volume of all-time with 4.5 million mentions.
- Domestically, the trailer generated 2.91 million mentions in 24-hours, ahead of Avengers: Endgame’s 1.94 million mentions. In fact, in just 12-hours, Spider-Man: No Way Home’s teaser generated 1.96 million mentions.
- Spider-Man: No Way Home’s domestic chatter far exceeds that of the second Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer, which generated 1.5 million mentions.
- Internationally, the trailer generated 1.56 million mentions in 24-hours, ahead of Avengers: Endgame’s 1.38 million mentions.
- The teaser trailer was launched out of Sony Pictures’ CinemaCon presentation in Las Vegas on Monday, August 23.
- In 2019 Columbia Pictures’ Spider-Man: Far From Home, the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming ($881.47 million WW box office in 2017), became the studios highest-grossing film of all time, taking in over $1.13 billion at the global box office.
Ok, Sony! Don’t you get it? We want to see more!
Spider-Man: No Way Home is directed by Jon Watts and written by Chris McKenna & Erik Sommers. Based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, the movie is produced by Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal. Executive Producers are Louis D'Esposito; Victoria Alonso; JoAnn Perritano; Rachel O’Connor; Avi Arad; and Matt Tolmach. The film stars Tom Holland; Zendaya; Benedict Cumberbatch; Jon Favreau; Jacob Batalon; with Marisa Tomei.
Handling the film’s visual effects are Digital Domain, Framestore, Luma Pictures, Sony Pictures Imageworks, and SSVFX.