Arnold for Houdini 1.0 provides a tight integration with Side Effects Software’s Houdini, as well as enabling smooth lighting workflows between Houdini and other DCC applications.
HtoA provides a tight integration with Side Effects Software’s Houdini, in a way that is familiar to both Houdini users and Arnold users in Autodesk Maya or Softimage. It also enables smooth lighting workflows between Houdini and other DCC applications, since setups can be exported and shared.
The Arnold for Houdini plug-in comes with the latest -- and fastest -- version of the Arnold core (version 4.2.1) and is provided free of charge to all customers on current Maintenance & Support.
New features include:
- Render in any Houdini context: render view, render region or MPlay
- Interactive rendering to rapidly preview parameter changes in cameras, lights and shaders
- Dedicated Arnold shading networks with 106 shaders and utilities
- Pass Houdini geometry attributes as Arnold user data
- Volume rendering using OpenVDB
- Particles, rendered as disks, spheres, quads or volumes
- Curves, rendered as ribbon, thick or oriented
- Accurate motion blur, including changing topology
- Full point instancing
- All Arnold cameras projections, with depth of field and advanced shutter controls
- All Arnold lights, with light filters and accurate viewport representation
- Atmospheric and background effects
- Multi-camera rendering
- Render to AOVs, in single or separate files
- DeepEXR support
Source: Solid Angle