The deadline for submissions to the second annual Comic and Cartoon Art Competition is January 5, 2015.
Open to artists worldwide, entries are considered by a jury of professionals, including renowned cartoonists, illustrators, publishers, and editors. The competition will result in an exhibition that will showcase the most outstanding works created in this genre throughout each year.
The original works will be exhibited in the MoCCA Gallery at the Society of Illustrators from June 16 through August 15, 2015.
Opening Award Galas will be scheduled where Medals and Certificates will be presented to the artists whose works are judged best in each category.
All accepted entries will be reproduced in a full color catalog.
- Long Form: A work that is longer than 40 pages. Includes graphic novels, comic books, etc. An anthology is eligible in this category if it is created by one person, and the individual stories form a cohesive whole. If stories should be judged independently, please submit an entry form per person.
- Short Form: A work that is more than two pages but shorter than 40 pages. Includes stand-alone work, zines, comic books and work that has been published in anthologies. Work appearing in anthologies may be entered in this category if the individual story is shorter than 40 pages. If stories should be judged independently please submit an entry form per story.
- Special Format: Work that is design-driven and created with special attention to production values, including limited edition, small press, hand-made and artist's books.
- Digital Media: Work that is native to a digital format. Includes web comics, online comic strips, and other digitally driven works. Up to 20 images accepted per entry.
- Comic Strip: A short-form work published in newspapers, magazines, books, online, etc. featuring four or more panels. Must be one page or less.
- Single Image: Work featuring a self-contained narrative image with or without caption. Includes gag cartoons, political cartoons, single-panel cartoons, etc.
The deadline for submissions is January 5, 2015. Visit the Society of Illustrators website for eligibility rules and submission requirements.
Source: Society of Illustrators