Latest update expands Shotgun's review capabilities by introducing editorial cut data into the review process, enabling teams to view their work at any time, in context with the latest cut.
LOS ANGELES -- Shotgun Software, developer of the cloud-based review and production tracking software, announced Shotgun 7.0 at SIGGRAPH this week in Anaheim, CA. Shotgun is laser-focused on solving collaborative review challenges at studios, and making it easier for teams of all sizes to upload, share, view, and then keep track of all of their media on a single, intuitive platform. This latest update expands Shotgun's review capabilities by introducing editorial cut data into the review process, enabling teams to view their work at any time, in context with the latest cut.
"VFX and animation studios need to constantly view their latest work in context of the cut, and yet editorial makes continual changes throughout the project,” commented Don Parker. "Keeping up with this process manually takes way too much time and can lead to frustrating delays and mistakes. This release is a major step forward, helping teams understand what has changed and allowing artists and supervisors to look at their work in context of the latest cut, both in our web player and on the desktop with RV."
Shotgun 7.0 Feature Highlights Include:
- Import Cut: Editorial information is quickly published to Shotgun, summarizing changes that can be shared with anyone on the project.
- Play Cuts Anywhere: With one click, watch the full cut either in the browser or in the Shotgun RV desktop player. Powerful filtering tools control which shot versions show up in the cut, such as "latest," "latest animation" or "latest approved."
- View any Shot in a Review Session in Context of the Cut: Teams working through shot versions in review sessions can seamlessly switch between viewing the shot in the review playlist and viewing the shot in the context of the cut.
- Track Overlapping Cuts: Quickly access a full history of all cuts on a project, including overlapping cuts such as :30, :60, :90 cuts on commercial projects, or both sequence and trailer cuts on film projects.
- API Ready: A new data model tracking the cut data is fully exposed in Shotgun's API so studios with development resources can integrate with their pipelines.
Shotgun 7.0 will be demoed at SIGGRAPH 2016 in booth 337, through July 28th at the Anaheim Convention Center. Pricing starts at $30 per account/per month with "Awesome" support, or $50 per account/per month with "Super Awesome" support. Try Shotgun by requesting a trial here.