New features added to media app and revamped client review site.
LOS ANGELES -- Shotgun Software has released Shotgun 6.3 with a new set of features and updates that will make it easier for teams to review, share and provide feedback on creative projects.
New Features in Shotgun 6.3:
Shotgun's Media App helps simplify the way artists and supervisors create, search, browse and review media on a project. Here’s what’s new:
- The Media App has gone global, allowing users to easily access and manage media across all of their studio’s projects from one, easy-to-access location in Shotgun.
- Artists, supervisors, and managers can now browse media based on a project's hierarchy, enabling them to find the media they need within their projects faster. For example, quickly filter by sequence>shots on film projects or episode>shot on episodic TV projects.
- An All Playlists view helps users easily find and see all the playlists on their Shotgun site or drill down to playlists on a specific project.
- Media Launching Preferences let users customize exactly how their media is launched from the Media App, turning the Media App into a super-powered springboard to accessing media whether it's in the cloud or stored locally.
- Version/Playlist Sharing also makes it easier to share a specific version or playlist with colleagues. Quickly copy a link to share and then email or IM it for immediate review.
Client Review Site
The Client Review Site allows Shotgun users to present work to their clients in a simple, secure website with customized branding. Shotgun 6.3 introduces a round of highly anticipated updates based on feedback from the community, including:
- Now studios can more quickly invite multiple client contacts to review work, control password options with a wider range of security requirements, and collaborate faster with clients by adding attachments to notes and replies.
- Configurable sharing of security settings allows control over whether a password is required to access a project. This is for clients who sometimes favor speed above all else. A revamped Manage Share menu puts the user in control of who has access to their shared work.
- Screening Room for RV Submit Tool: My Tasks View and Notify
The release of Shotgun with RV has opened up a new world of possibilities. With Shotgun 6.3, it’s easier for artists to submit their work with the addition of a My Tasks view in the Screening Room for RV Submit Tool. They can even Notify others about their new work via the Shotgun Inbox in just one click.
- Shotgun 6.3 was first revealed at SIGGRAPH 2015, and is available today. Shotgun pricing starts at $30 per account/per month with “Awesome” support, or $50 per account/per month with “Super Awesome” support. More information is available here.
Source: Shotgun Software