Comic-Con panel reveals details on popular shows including ‘Red vs. Blue: Zero,’ ‘Recorded by Arizal,’ ‘Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy,’ and ‘RWBY Volume 8.’
During SDCC@Home, Rooster Teeth revealed exclusive footage from their slate of upcoming animated series including RWBY Volume 8, Transformers: War for Cybertron, Red vs Blue: Zero and Recorded by Arizal. The panel, which included Barbara Dunkelman, Kerry Shawcross, Yssa Badiola, Fiona Nova, Torrian Crawford and special guest F.J. DeSanto chatted, answered fan-submitted questions, and revealed details on their popular shows.
See the panel:
Here is a roundup of announcements:
Red vs. Blue: Zero:
- Premiering this fall the show will star Fiona Nova in the lead role of Agent One. It is directed by first time showrunner Torrian Crawford (Death Battle). During the panel, Crawford premiered a teaser that previewed the series and revealed a behind-the-scenes look at the production.
- In Red vs. Blue Zero, a mysterious syndicate leader known only as Zero seeks an ultimate power, and a ragtag team of heroes and misfits called Shatter Squad must work together to save the galaxy.
Recorded by Arizal
- The 2D animated series is helmed by Rooster Teeth animation director Yssa Badiola. The series premiered on July 13 and runs until August 3. During the panel, Yssa revealed an exclusive clip.
- Recorded by Arizal follows Arizal, a smart, inquisitive teenage girl on the brink of adulthood and in pursuit of her dream career - to become a Record Keeper.
Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy
- Premiering July 30 on Netflix, showrunner and executive producer F.J. DeSanto joined the panel to talk about the series and his experience working with Rooster Teeth Studios on the production. He premiered a first look featuring Rooster Teeth voice actor Miles Luna as fan-favorite Cliff Jumper.
- On their dying planet, the Autobots and Decepticons battle for control of the AllSpark in the Transformers universe's origin story.
RWBY Volume 8
- Despite the pandemic, production continues from home and is premiering later this year. RWBY director Kerry Shawcross and Barbara Dunkelman, voice of Yang Xiao Long, talked through the upcoming Volume and premiered a first look clip.
- In Volume 8, our heroes' worst fears have finally been realized: Salem is here, and the timing could not be worse for the divided Kingdom of Atlas. Fear has turned friends into enemies, while doubt threatens to splinter humanity's remaining allies. With both Salem and Ironwood stacking the odds against them, and the fate of Remnant at stake, it is up to team RWBY to make their play before it is too late. Other RWBY announcements:
Other RWBY announcements:
RWBY is collaborating with artist Babs Tarr to release a limited collection of RWBY merchandise, available later this year.
The RWBY Volume 7 soundtrack launches on July 31 on all streaming platforms and will be available for purchase on iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon.
Good Smile Company and Rooster Teeth are partnering to release a collection of RWBY Pop Up Parade collectibles beginning with a Ruby figure. Pre-orders are available starting August 3.
Source: Rooster Teeth