Makers of Academy Award-winning software unveil ultimate kit of mapping and distortion tools within Adobe After Effects, The Foundry's NUKE, Blackmagic Design Fusion Studio, and Natron.
SAN FRANCISCO -- Academy Award-winning software and effects plug-in developer RE:Vision Effects has announced the release of RE:Map v3, the ultimate kit of mapping and distortion tools within Adobe After Effects, The Foundry's NUKE, Blackmagic Design Fusion Studio, and Natron. RE:Map v3 adds GPU acceleration.
Most currently-sold GPUs will provide customers with much needed acceleration, including even many mobile GPUs for laptops. Tests have shown speedups of up to 3x. The total speedup end-users will see will vary once application overhead is taken into account, including disk I/O, internal host buffering schemes, bandwidth of PCIe bus, codec used for footage, as well as features used in the plug-ins.
RE:Map is a set of five plugins:
- RE:Map UV takes a UV Map, usually rendered from a 3D system, and renders an image using this mapping. Easily clean up texture maps and remap in post without having to go back to your 3D system for re-rendering. Includes high-quality filtering of the rendered texture map. In addition, this plugin allows you you to come up with cool 2D and 3D animated texture map templates and reuse them over again with different image sequences.
- RE:Map Inverse UV inversely projects a color image, using a UV Map as a guide, to a rectangular image that may then be used to texture the UV Map with RE:Map UV, or for use as a texture map for a 3D system.
- RE:Map Displace warps an image with a user-supplied displacement map. This plugin includes many more options and advanced filtering controls than most other displacement map filters.
- RE:Map Corner Pin maps or inverse maps a perspective plane defined by 4 points (also known as corner-pinning and inverse-corner-pinning).
- RE:Map Distort takes a color image and automatically distorts the image based on the features for a caricature-like effect.
- Adobe After Effects CS5, CS5.5, CS6, CC, CC2014 and CC2015.
- Blackmagic Design Fusion, version 5.2 and up.
- The Foundry Nuke, version 5.1 and up.
- Natron, v1 and up.
After Effects GUI version licenses are priced at $149.95. Floating licenses are priced at $224.95. Render-only licenses are priced at $29.99, and render-only floating licenses at $44.99. Upgrade pricing from v2 is available on the RE:Vision Effects website.
Nuke, Fusion, Natron GUI/interactive version node-locked licenses are priced at $189.95. Floating licenses are priced at $284.93. Render-only node-locked licenses are priced at $44.95, and render-only floating licenses at $67.43. Upgrade pricing is available on the RE:Vision Effects website.
Demo versions are available in the download section for each of the products here, and tutorials are available here.
Source: RE:Vision Effects