New release includes four brand-new plugins and updates to 29 GPU-accelerated effects and transitions with even more new tools and updates for editors and motion graphics artists.
PORTLAND, OR -- Red Giant has released Red Giant Universe 2.0, a major update to the company’s GPU-accelerated plugins for editors and motion graphics artists. With more than 60 tools that run in Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe After Effects CC, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Apple Motion, Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve, HitFilm and Sony Vegas, the Red Giant Universe 2.0 update includes four new and 29 updated plugins, plus a brand new user experience that makes it easy to preview and apply effects. For the first time, the Red Giant Universe is coming to the Volume Licensing Program, making it easier than ever for large organizations to take advantage of the extensive collection of Red Giant Universe plugins. This update also brings support for the just-released Adobe Creative Cloud 2015.3 to Universe.
This major update to Red Giant Universe features a special focus on motion graphics plugins, including the following new tools and updates to:
- HUD Components: Instantly create Heads-Up Display elements for use in motion graphics; this tool is packed with tons of presets, element shapes and behaviors for creating a variety of HUD effects.
- Line: Easily generate a line between two points to simulate flight paths, travel indicators on a map, and a variety of additional motion graphics; draw it as a curving bezier path or a straight line, change the color and style of the line, as well as the start and end points and how they animate over time.
- Logo Motion: Instantly make logos and text more interesting and dynamic by animating imagery on and off the screen with a hinge style swing, slide on, or a slightly eased in and out “pop.”
- Color Stripe: Create a transition that uses layered blocks of color wiping across the screen to reveal a second layer.
Red Giant has updated the user experience on 22 Universe tools with a new visual preset browser that makes previewing effects easier than ever. Users can view an animated preview of the effect simply by hovering over the effect in the browser window, then apply it instantly by clicking on the image of the desired preset.
Along with the new user experience, 18 Red Giant Universe tools have been updated with additional new features, including:
- Holomatrix II, which now includes new distortion effects based on holographic imagery from films like Star Wars: The Force Awakens and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay.
- Camera Shake, which has been redesigned and enhanced to make it simple to quickly achieve a variety of realistic camera shakes with little to no effort, great for enhancing action sequences, and for simulating various camera setups and scenarios, such as filming with a car mount, on a boat, and even in an earthquake.
- Unmult, which now offers additional controls to help users precisely remove black backgrounds from footage and create an alpha channel, a useful tool for compositing footage of fire, smoke, water and more.
Red Giant Universe has been used on Saturday Night Live, Portlandia, Documentary Now, Kung Fury, and much more.
Existing Universe customers can download the latest version of Red Giant Link and update to Universe 2.0 in Link’s Universe panel. Link can also be updated within the app, by using the “Check for Updates Now” menu item.
New Red Giant Universe customers can purchase a subscription or download a free trial here.
Red Giant Universe is now available in Red Giant’s Volume Program, the flexible solution for customers who need 5 or more floating licenses. More information is available here.
Source: Red Giant