Free A/V syncing tool update provides EDIUS Pro support, a new music video workflow, support for GoPro spanning media, batch clip deletion, and the ability to turn off automatic drift-correction.
PORTLAND, OR -- Red Giant has announced an update to its popular audio/video syncing plugin PluralEyes, the fastest, most accurate audio/video sync tool on the market and a key component of the popular Red Giant Shooter Suite. Version 4.1 of PluralEyes includes a number of new features designed for filmmakers and content producers where they need it the most. This update is free to current PluralEyes users.
New features in PluralEyes 4.1 include:
- EDIUS Pro support. Start a project in PluralEyes 4.1 and export the synced project as an FCP 7 XML file into EDIUS Pro 7.5 and 8.
- A new music video workflow. Music videos are often shot with the track playing in the background, over multiple takes and in multiple locations. Now, this tricky sync is no longer a challenge; PluralEyes 4.1 automatically consolidates all takes onto their own track, muting all background audio but the master track.
- Support for GoPro spanning media. To support longer recording times, some cameras record on multiple files or even multiple camera cards. PluralEyes detects and consolidates spanned clips into one. New to version 4.1 is spanning support for GoPro cameras.
- Delete multiple clips together. Cleaning up a synced project now takes almost no time at all, with the ability to select multiple clips and delete them all at once before exporting the project to an NLE.
- The ability to turn off drift-correction. Users now have the option to turn off drift-correction when the audio drift in a project would be considered minimal, ideal for larger projects when this feature could cause a longer sync time.
PluralEyes also includes the following bug fixes:
- Addressed connectivity issues with the PluralEyes panel for Adobe Premiere Pro
- Resolved hangs when using PluralEyes panel for Adobe Premiere Pro during the “Sending media to PluralEyes” step
Update to PluralEyes 4.1
Current PluralEyes users can update the tool free through the Red Giant website or through Red Giant Link. For EDIUS Pro support, users must download through the Red Giant website installer. For additional help with updating to v4.1, please contact the Red Giant support team with any questions.
PluralEyes 4.1 is available today as a standalone tool for $299 and as a part of the Red Giant Shooter Suite for $399. New users interested in PluralEyes are invited to download a free trial before purchase.
Please visit the Red Giant website for additional information.
Source: Red Giant