Disney’s animated epic adventure features the voice talents of Kelly Marie Tran and Awkwafina; the Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD release, available May 18, includes never-before-seen bonus footage and deleted scenes.
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ adventure Raya and the Last Dragon arrives on all major digital platforms beginning April 2, and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD beginning May 18. Viewers will enjoy never-before-seen bonus footage and deleted scenes in Ultra HD quality and Dolby Audio.
Raya and the Last Dragon takes audiences on an exciting journey to the fantasy world of Kumandra, where humans and dragons long ago lived together in harmony. But when an evil force threatened the land, the dragons sacrificed themselves to save humanity. 500 years later, the same evil has returned, and it is up to a lone warrior, Raya, to track down the legendary last dragon to restore the fractured land and its divided people.
However, along her journey, Raya will learn that it will take more than a dragon to save the world - it is going to take trust and teamwork as well. Raya travels through the five lands of Kumandra that form the shape of a dragon: Heart, Raya’s home, a prosperous land filled with peace and magic; Fang, a powerful, thriving land surrounded by water; Spine, an insular and remote land whose people distrust outsiders; Talon, the crossroads of the five lands and a bustling marketplace; and Tail, a far-flung, desert land that is becoming more isolated as water recedes.
Directed by Don Hall and Carlos López Estrada, co-directors Paul Briggs and John Ripa, producers Osnat Shurer and Peter Del Vecho, the film features the voices of Kelly Marie Tran as Raya and Awkwafina as Sisu.
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Raya and the Last Dragon Bonus Features:
- An Introduction to Us Again – Director Zach Parrish takes you behind the scenes of the Walt Disney Animation Studios short.
- Us Again animated short – An elderly man and his young-at-heart wife rekindle their passion for life on one magical night.
- Taste of Raya – Dine along with voice actor, Tran and the film’s creative team--virtually--over a Southeast Asian menu inspired by the countries that influenced the film as they discuss their experiences creating the world of Kumandra.
- Raya: Bringing it Home – When the global pandemic of 2020 hit, production of Raya and the Last Dragon moved to the houses of over 450 people. We open a window into their lives and learn how they overcame massive obstacles to make an animated feature from home.
- Martial Artists – Get a kick out of learning about the martial art forms and weapons used in the film as co-screenwriter Qui Nguyen and visual anthropologist Dr. S. Steve Arounsack share the inspiration behind the film’s action-packed elements.
- We are Kumandra – Meet members of the Southeast Asia Story Trust and discover the cultural influences that inspired the film...and how important this representation in a Disney animated film is to the people of the region.
- Outtakes – Step into the homes and behind the mics of the cast of Raya and the Last Dragon as they experience voice-over sessions in closets and shaky internet connections, which made recording this film unlike any other.
- Fun Facts & Easter Eggs – Take a look at some of the hidden surprises and behind-the-scenes secrets of Raya and the Last Dragon.
- The Story Behind the Storyboard with co-director John Ripa – get an inside look Ripa’s thought process as he pitches a storyboard sequence from the film and talks about his amazing career with Disney Animation.
- Deleted Scenes:
- Introduction – Head of story, Fawn Veerasunthorn, introduces deleted scenes from “Raya and the Last Dragon.”
- The Bridge – Raya confronts an early version of the Druun in this deleted storyboard sequence.
- Escaping Namaari – See an early version sequence of an introduction to Namaari as an adult.
- Dragon Blade – Discover an early version of Raya’s sword, when it used to have magical powers.
- Meet Boun – Meet an early version of Boun before he was a chef and shrimp boat captain.
- The Heart of the Dragon – Ripa introduces a deleted scene which brought the theme of hope into the film.
Raya and the Last Dragon features the voice talent of Tran as Raya; Awkwafina as Sisu; Izaac Wang as Boun; Gemma Chan as Namaari; Daniel Dae Kim as Benja; Benedict Wong as Tong; Jona Xiao as Young Namaari; Sandra Oh as Virana; Thalia Tran as Little Noi; Lucille Soong as Dang Hu; and Alan Tudyk as Tuk Tuk.
Source: Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution