Extensive bonus features include the Academy Award-Nominated theatrical short, ‘Sanjay’s Super Team,’ making-of featurettes, deleted scenes and more.
From the innovative minds of Disney/Pixar comes a hilariously heartwarming adventure about the power of confronting and overcoming your fears and discovering who you are meant to be. The Good Dinosaur asks the question: What if the asteroid that forever changed life on Earth missed the planet completely, and giant dinosaurs never became extinct? In this epic journey into the world of dinosaurs, an apatosaurus named Arlo makes an unlikely human friend. While traveling through a harsh and mysterious landscape, Arlo learns the power of confronting his fears and discovers what he is truly capable of.
Directed by Peter Sohn and produced by Denise Ream (Cars 2, Up), The Good Dinosaur is executive produced by John Lasseter, Lee Unkrich and Andrew Stanton. The film is based on an original concept by Bob Peterson with the story by Sohn, Peterson, Erik Benson, Meg LeFauve and Kelsey Mann, with the screenplay written by LeFauve. Music is composed by Mychael Danna (Life of Pi) and Emmy-nominated composer Jeff Danna.
The film’s voice cast includes Raymond Ochoa (NBC’s The Night Shift, TNT’s Rizzoli & Isles, Disney’s A Christmas Carol) as Arlo; Jeffrey Wright (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Parts I & II, HBO's Boardwalk Empire) as Arlo’s wise Poppa; Frances McDormand (HBO's Olive Kitteridge, Fargo) as Arlo’s strong Momma; Marcus Scribner (ABC’s black-ish) as Arlo’s brother, Buck; Jack Bright (Monsters University) as Spot; Steve Zahn (Captain Fantastic, Ridiculous Six, Rescue Dawn, Mad Dogs) as a fearless pterodactyl named Thunderclap; A.J. Buckley (TNT’s Murder in the First, FX’s Justified) as teen T-Rex Nash; Anna Paquin (HBO’s True Blood) as Nash’s tenacious sister, Ramsey; and Sam Elliott (FX's Justified, I’ll See You In My Dreams, Grandma) as T-Rex patriarch Butch.
Digital HD, Blu-ray Combo Pack & Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA):
- THEATRICAL SHORT -- Sanjay’s Super Team -- Sanjay loves the world of cartoons and comics, while his father tries to draw him into his Hindu traditions. Reluctance quickly turns into awe-inspiring adventure as the boy embarks on an amazing journey, returning with a new perspective they can both embrace.
- TRUE LIES ABOUT DINOSAURS -- We know it’s preposterous to think Apatosaurs spoke English. Learn more about what separates the fictional dinosaurs of The Good Dinosaur from what scientists know about real dinosaurs.
- RECYCLOSAURUS -- Pixar takes creative competition seriously. Maybe a little too seriously. Watch as “The Good Dinosaur” crew competes to see which department can create the best dinosaur ever…using only discarded items from the studio’s “free table.”
- THE FILMMAKERS’ JOURNEY -- Finding your way from an idea to a film takes a lot of exploration. Director Peter Sohn and his fellow filmmakers talk about the challenging, inspiring, and unexpectedly emotional experience of making “The Good Dinosaur.”
- EVERY PART OF THE DINOSAUR -- The filmmakers talk about the special animation challenges of The Good Dinosaur -- including figuring out how to animate a dinosaur who’s really a boy, and a boy who’s got the spirit of a dog.
- FOLLOWING THE T-REX TRAIL -- Follow the filmmakers as they travel to a working cattle ranch and meet the McKays, a close-knit family whose work ethic, generosity, and stories inspired the T-Rex ranchers of the film.
- COMMENTARY -- Commentary from director Peter Sohn, story supervisor Kelsey Mann, supervising animator Mike Venturini, director of photography/lighting Sharon Calahan, and supervising technical director Sanjay Bakshi.
- DINO BITES -- Montage of original animated pieces produced to promote The Good Dinosaur.
- HIDE AND SEEK -- A short animated clip produced to promote The Good Dinosaur.
- “The Attack” -- An idyllic introduction to the family farm is cut short when a savage predator attacks the newborn Arlo. With an introduction by Director Peter Sohn.
- “Building the Silo” -- An admiring Arlo is thrilled to follow along as his father builds a silo for the family farm. With an introduction by Director Peter Sohn.
- “Waiting for Poppa” -- Arlo awaits the return of his beloved father on a stormy night, only to be greeted with tragic news. With an introduction by Director Peter Sohn.
Blu-ray 3D & DVD:
- THEATRICAL SHORT – Sanjay’s Super Team
- “Just Listen” -- Trace the development of the unique soundscape of The Good Dinosaur, from the wilds of British Columbia as Sound Designer Craig Berkey collects sounds, to the recording studio where Jeff and Mychael Danna use instruments from around the world to create the music.
Source: The Walt Disney Studios