During a Comic-Con 2022 panel, the voice talent lineup was revealed on eOne’s upcoming original animated show; the 26-episode series is set to debut this fall.
Last week at San Diego Comic-con, Nickelodeon, Paramount+, and Entertainment One (eOne) hosted a special panel that revealed the voice actors on the upcoming Paramount+ original animated series, Transformers: EarthSpark. Fans were also treated to a first look clip which you can watch below.
On hand at the event were voice cast members Danny Pudi (Bumblebee), Kathreen Khavari (Twitch), Zeno Robinson (Thrash), co-executive producer Dale Malinowski, and executive producer Ant Ward. Mike Cecchini (Editor-in-Chief, Den of Geek) moderated the panel.
The all-new 3D CGI animated series (26 episodes) introduces a new generation of Transformers robots--the first Transformers robots to be born on Earth--and together with the human family who welcomes them in and cares for them, they'll redefine what it means to be a family.
In November, Transformers: EarthSpark debuts in the U.S. on Paramount+ and on select Nickelodeon channels internationally. The new series is the latest entry to the global Transformers franchise.
Check out the first look clip:
The new voice cast lineup is:
- Sydney Mikayla (Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts): “Robby Malto,” a smart 13-year-old boy with an abundance of moxie and charisma.
- Zion Broadnax (Day Shift) “Morgan ‘Mo’ Malto” is Robby’s 9-year-old younger sister.
- Benny Latham: “Dot Malto” is the mother to Robby and Mo, and surrogate mother to the Malto-bots, and wife to Alex.
- Jon Jon Briones (Ratched): “Alex Malto” is the father to Robby and Mo, surrogate father to the Malto-bots, and husband to Dot.
- Kathreen Khavari (Dead End: Paranormal Park): “Twitch Malto” is an Earth-born Terran born out of primordial sludge in the cave waters of Witwicky, Pennsylvania, like her brother Thrash.
- Zeno Robinson (Big City Greens): “Thrash Malto” is an Earth-born male Terran and a cheeky wild child.
- Danny Pudi (Community): “Bumblebee,” a fun-loving veteran Autobot who serves as a mentor to the Terrans as they learn what it takes to be Transformers robots.
- Alan Tudyk (Resident Alien): “Optimus Prime,” is a courageous Autobot leader who has forged a new alliance with humans.
- Rory McCann (Game of Thrones): “Megatron,” is the father of the Decepticon faticon who believes in making any sacrifice necessary for the survival of Cybertronian civilization.
- Cissy Jones (The Owl House): “Elita-1” is the physically gifted and confident second-in-command of the Autobots.
- Diedrich Bader (Better Things): “Mandroid,” the villain, was a scientist-soldier in the war, jaded and ultimately, very anti-Cybertronian.
Hasbro, maker of the Transformers: EarthSpark toyline, and a production partner on the animated series, also participated in the panel presentation.
Transformers: EarthSpark is created, co-executive produced by Dale Malinowski (Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) and executive produced by Ant Ward (Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles). The series is developed for television by Claudia Spinelli, Senior Vice President, Big Kids Animation, Nickelodeon. Production is overseen for Nickelodeon by Mikiel Houser, Executive in Charge of Production, and for eOne by Kari Rosenberg.