Beam me up, Scotty! to the virtual event, hosted by Wil Wheaton and Mica Burton, celebrating 55 years of ‘Star Trek’ featuring ‘legacy moments’ with iconic cast members, surprise appearances, and a tribute to Gene Roddenberry, streaming live on September 8.
Global Star Trek fans and Trekkies from far and wide will have plenty to celebrate on Paramount+’s “Star Trek Day,” streamed live Wednesday, September 8 at 5:30 PM, PT/8:30 PM, ET from the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles. Wil Wheaton and Mica Burton will host, with back-to-back in-person conversations with cast members and creative minds from the Star Trek Universe. The fan event promises “legacy moments” with iconic cast members, plus surprise appearances, announcements and reveals throughout the program. The live-streamed celebration and additional information on Star Trek Day programming and initiatives can be found here.
On September 8, 1966, Star Trek graced television screens for the first time with “The Man Trap,” the pilot episode of Star Trek: The Original Series. On that day, Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry introduced audiences to a world that championed diversity, inclusion, acceptance, and hope. 55 years later, Paramount+ will honor this important day and the franchise’s enduring legacy with the service’s second annual “Star Trek Day” celebration, providing fans with a memorable way to enjoy and celebrate all things “Star Trek.”
Give her all we got, Scotty!
“Star Trek Day” Global Live-Streamed Celebration (5:30 PM, PT/8:30 PM, ET*)
- Join hosts Wil Wheaton and Mica Burton for over two hours of free live-streamed panels and programming that will reunite iconic cast members and creative minds from 10 Star Trek television series, as they gather in person to celebrate 55 years of Star Trek.
- In addition to the panels, the programming will feature “legacy moments” with iconic cast members diving into memorable Star Trek stories from years past. In addition, there will be a special “Roddenberry Legacy” panel, in honor of Gene Roddenberry’s 100th birthday.
- Jeff Russo, the composer of the main themes for Star Trek: Discovery and Star Trek: Picard, will be at the helm of the Star Trek Day stage with a live orchestra, performing Star Trek music throughout the evening.
The following panels will include the casts and creatives from iconic Star Trek television series:
- Star Trek: Prodigy, with series voice cast including Brett Gray and Dee Bradley Baker, along with executive producers Kevin and Dan Hageman and co-executive producer/director, Ben Hibon.
- Star Trek: Discovery, with series stars Wilson Cruz, Blu del Barrio and Ian Alexander and co-showrunner and executive producer Michelle Paradise.
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, with series stars Anson Mount, Rebecca Romijn and Ethan Peck, who will be joined by co-showrunners and executive producers Akiva Goldsman and Henry Alonso Myers.
- Star Trek: Lower Decks, with voice cast members Noël Wells and Eugene Cordero alongside series creator, showrunner, and executive producer Mike McMahan.
- Star Trek: Picard, with series stars Patrick Stewart and Jeri Ryan, co-showrunner, and executive producer Akiva Goldsman and a special live performance from Isa Briones, singing “Blue Skies,” which was featured in the Picard season one finale.
- Roddenberry Legacy Panel, featuring a conversation with Gene Roddenberry’s son and the CEO of Roddenberry Entertainment, Rod Roddenberry, alongside Gates McFadden (Star Trek: The Next Generation), LeVar Burton (Star Trek: The Next Generation) and George Takei (Star Trek: The Original Series), as they discuss the Star Trek creator’s indelible impact on science fiction and culture.
The “legacy moments” will feature the following iconic Star Trek cast members:
- Cirroc Lofton from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Anthony Montgomery from Star Trek: Enterprise
- Garrett Wang from Star Trek: Voyager
- George Takei from Star Trek: The Original Series
- LeVar Burton from Star Trek: The Next Generation
On September 8, the #StarTrekUnitedGives campaign returns. For every person who tweets the hashtag StarTrekUnitedGives (#StarTrekUnitedGives), $1 will be donated and divided equally by Paramount+ and the Roddenberry Foundation to organizations who do the real-world work of championing equality, social justice, the arts, and innovation. Paramount+ and the Roddenberry Foundation are also partnering on a new global campaign to engage fans in honoring the legacy of Gene Roddenberry. The campaign will launch September 8.
Additional details on the #StarTrekUnitedGives campaign are available at StarTrek.com/Day.