Leading computer graphics tech company will showcase cutting-edge AI and CG research driving innovations in simulation, collaboration, and design; Deep Learning Institute will provide hands-on in-person training in 3D Tools for NVIDIA Omniverse.
NVIDIA has announced its “Illuminating the Future of Graphics” plans for the upcoming SIGGRAPH 2022 conference running August 8-11 in Vancouver, including their breakthrough collaborative research in computer graphics and AI that drives innovation in simulation, collaboration, and design. Also, on hand, the Deep Learning Institute will present free in-person training.
SIGGRAPH Research Presentations
NVIDIA will present its latest academic collaborations in graphics research with 17 technical papers.
Here are some examples:
- “Instant Neural Graphics Primitives with a Multiresolution Hash Encoding” by Thomas Müller, Alex Evans, Christoph Schied, Alexander Keller
- “SPAGHETTI: Editing Implicit Shapes Through Part Aware Generation” by Amir Hertz, Or Perel, Raja Giryes, Olga Sorkine-Hornung, Daniel Cohen-O
- “Generalized Resampled Importance Sampling: Foundations of ReSTIR” by Daqi Linc, Markus Kettunen, Benedikt Bitterli, Jacopo Pantaleoni, Cem Yuksel, Chris Wyman
- “MatBuilder: Mastering Sampling Uniformity Over Projections” by Loïs Paulin, David Coeurjolly, Jean-Claude Iehl, Nicolas Bonneel, Alexander Keller, Victor Ostromoukhov
To explore additional research papers and to take a deep dive into their content, check them out here.
NVIDIA Training Labs at SIGGRAPH - NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute (DLI)
Free in-person, hands-on training is as follows:
Monday, August 8, and Tuesday, August 9
‘Easily Develop Advanced 3D Layout Tools on NVIDIA Omniverse.’
- See how to easily create your own custom scene layout tools with the modular Omniverse platform with a few lines of Python script. In this session, you’ll build your own custom scene layout in Omniverse using Python.
“How to Build Custom 3D Scene Manipulator Tools on NVIDIA Omniverse”
- See how you can build advanced tools on the modular, easily extensible Omniverse platform. You’ll learn from the Omniverse developer ecosystem team how you can extend and enhance the 3D tools you know and love today.
“Omniverse for Creators: Collaborative 3D Workflows with Substance 3D Painter and Autodesk 3ds Max (or Maya).”
- Working on NVIDIA Studio workstations that are purpose-built for 3D workflows, artists learn how to connect and collaborate between multiple apps, accelerated by RTX.
“Learn How to Use NVIDIA Nsight Tools to Debug and Profile Ray Tracing Applications”
- Learn how to utilize NVIDIA Nsight Graphics and Nsight Systems to profile and optimize 3D applications using ray tracing.
Learn more about NVIDIA SIGGRAPH 2022 offerings, the AI Podcast, AI Playground, AI Essentials, NVIDIA Applied Research Accelerator Program, NVIDIA Studio Education Partner Program, NVIDIA Developer Program, NVIDIA Studio-Accelerating Creativity with AI, and NVIDIA on Demand here.
Dan Sarto is Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Animation World Network.