Join the VIEW Conference and VFX Festival’s free March 16 online conversation with the directors and producers behind this year’s Academy Award-nominated animated short film line-up.
VIEW Conference, in partnership with VFX Festival, is presenting a free virtual panel bringing together the directors and producers behind this year’s Academy Award nominees for Best Animated Short Film. The online session takes place on Wednesday, March 16, 2022, at 9:30am PST / 5:30pm UK / 18:30 CET.
The nominated films and panelists are:
- Affairs of the Art – Director Joanna Quinn and writer/producer Les Mills (National Film Board of Cananda).
- Bestia - Director Hugo Covarrubias and executive producer Tevo Díaz.
- Boxballet - Director Anton Dyakov (Melnitsa Animation Studio).
- Robin Robin - Directors Mikey Please and Daniel Ojari (Netflix/Aardman Animation).
- The Windshield Wiper - Director Alberto Mielgo and producer/CG supervisor Leo Sánchez (Pinkman.tv and Leo Sánchez Studio)
The moderator is Ramin Zahed, editor-in-chief of Animation Magazine.
Register for the free online session here.
“The Oscar nominees for Best Animated Short represent a true explosion of creativity,” noted Conference Director Dr. Maria Elena Gutierrez. “Animated short films have the power to push the boundaries of art to deliver something that is new, exciting, and beautiful. Each one of this year’s nominated films achieves this, while still presenting its own unique vision. It is truly an unforgettable lineup.”
Source: View Conference