‘Becoming a Top Supervisor & Creating VFX for Spider-Man, Thor & Black Panther’ episode features the Luma Pictures artist discussing topics including making better show and breakdown reels; working in commercials; pipeline technology; and advantages / disadvantages of being a 3D generalist.
Masters of Motion, a nonprofit website, social media channel, and podcast that provides a glimpse into the world of the Australian and New Zealand animation industry, focuses its efforts on inspiring the next generation of motion designers, animators, visual effects, and 3D artists.
Their most recent podcast features Brendan Seals, a VFX supervisor at Luma Pictures. Seals has a design background and experience in FX, Lighting, and Compositing. He has carved out a strong look development career in feature film animation and VFX. After moving to Melbourne from Perth in 2012, he established himself at Luma Pictures before moving up through supervisory roles to become VFX supervisor, were he’s worked on blockbuster films and TV series. Passionate about filmmaking and a sucker for sci-fi, he supervises with a keen eye for conceptual design and storytelling and loves to collaborate.
Click here to listen to ‘Becoming a Top Supervisor & Creating VFX for Spider-Man, Thor & Black Panther.’
- Making better show & breakdown reels
- Boogie Monster - working in television commercials
- Creating VFX for the indie feature Sororal
- Prevention versus feasibility
- Luma career development
- Luma pipeline and technology
- Advantages and disadvantages of being a multi-disciplined 3D generalist
- Project discussion: Spider-Man, Black Panther and Doctor Strange
- Being a better supervisor - methods and ideas
- Good Briefing, critiquing methods, and notes
- Exciting new technologies & methods
- Balance & overtime
- Reflection & the future
Source: Masters of Motion