Industry veteran in motion design, VFX supervision and direction shares advice for mid-level creatives; topics include running your own studio, international collaboration, compositing and VFX, learning 3D, working on title sequences, and reflection on the future.
Masters of Motion, a nonprofit website, social media channel, and podcast platform that provides a glimpse into the world of the Australian and New Zealand animation industry, focuses its efforts on inspiring the next generation of motion designers, animators, visual effects, and 3D artists.
Their latest podcast:
Scott Geersen: Substance - Lessons learned in VFX, motion design, 3D, directing and founding a studio.
The founder and director of Substance, a strategic moving image studio, Geersen has worked as a motion designer, compositor, 3D artist, VFX supervisor, and director. His studio specializes in titles, direction, design and VFX and has created notable work for clients that include Coca Cola, Paramount, ATC, Ford, Foxtel, Toyota, Nestle, Cartoon Network, and others.
- Advice for mid-level - motion designers, compositors, and directors
- Running your own studio - Substance
- Early career: Post-Production & VFX - Digital Pictures, Cutting Edge & The Lab
- Compositing & VFX: Flame sessions & Flame in the future?
- VFX Supervising
- Being multi-disciplined
- Learning 3D
- International collaboration
- Working on title sequences
- Project review: ACO 2020 Season Launch
- Project review: Tedx 2017 to 2021
- Inspiration & podcasts
- Lessons learned
- Reflections on the future
Listen Now on Masters of Motion.
Also available on: Apple, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Soundcloud or Spotify.
Source: Masters of Motion