‘Creating Emmy Winning Titles for ‘True Detective,’ ‘Westworld’ & ‘The Crown’ episode features the Emmy Award-winning 3D motion designer discussing topics including transitioning from graphic design to motion design; working remotely; pipeline and equipment; and reflecting on the future.
Masters of Motion, a nonprofit website, social media channel, and podcast that provides a glimpse into the world of the Australian and New Zealand animation industry, focuses its efforts on inspiring the next generation of motion designers, animators, visual effects and 3D artists.
Raoul Marks, an Emmy Award-winning, Bafta-nominated director and 3D motion designer, along with creative partner Patrick Clair at Antibody, have created some of the most iconic opening title sequences of all time, including True Detective, American Gods, Lovecraft Country, Man in the High Castle, Westworld and The Crown.
Marks is featured in the new Masters of Motion Podcast - Creating Emmy Winning Titles for True Detective, Westworld & The Crown. Listen NOW.
- Advice to Motion Designers & 3D Artists
- Working overseas and career development
- Failures in your career & hard things you had to learn
- Transitioning from graphic design to motion design
- Passion projects: Spring & Semi-Permanent 2015
- Experience of working on True Detective
- Awards - winning Emmys
- Working remotely & pipeline and equipment
- Creative partnership with Patrick Clair
- Working for Elastic studio in Los Angeles & Remotely
- Working in Advertising, Game Cinematics & with brands
- Projects discussion: The Crown; West World; Man in The High Castle
- Reflection & the Future
Source: Masters of Motion