Updates to all applications include enhanced speed and flexibility allowing for seamless collaboration; updates to Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Premiere Rush increase tool functionality and accelerate workflows with an overall increase in cross-app abilities and support.
Adobe has announced new features and updates across a variety of applications within their Creative Cloud, including video and audio tools that enhance speed, flexibility, and seamless collaboration. Check them out!
- New Captions Workflow: Offering a comprehensive toolset for quickly adding, customizing, and stylizing captions and subtitles. Later this year the features will be further accelerated by Speech to Text features.
- Copy and Paste Audio Track Effects Racks: Along with the option of copying individual audio effects, users can now copy and paste complete audio effects racks between audio tracks.
- Additional details are available in the Premiere Pro What’s New Page.
- Real-time 3D Draft Preview: Users get immediate feedback on 3D designs in the Comp panel so they can make creative decisions faster and iterate on designs more easily.
- 3D Ground Plane: Helps designers orient their designs in space, providing a horizon line, vanishing point, and grid with snapping for positioning and aligning objects with precision.
- More Efficient Composition Toolbar: More logically organized, tools are presented contextually, based on the current task.
- Multi-Frame Rendering: (public Beta) Provides up to 300% faster rendering when exporting compositions with multicore CPUs. Plus, a streamlined Render Queue now highlights the most important information to simplify the export process.
- Media Replacement in Motion Graphics templates: This feature enables creators to step up their personal brand, add stand out visual style to their videos and use templates to provide dynamic visual treatments, all without having to know After Effects.
- Additional details are available in the After Effects What’s New Page.
- 24 new color filter presets give users more creative options for adding visual impact to videos.
- Additional details are available in the in the Premiere Rush What’s New Page.
- New project file format for newly created or Saved-As projects that is faster and more compact as well as being more resilient to power loss and file-syncing conflicts.
- New example puppet, Hopscotch the Frog that showcases Limb IK and comes with many hand and feet Triggers as well as a Replay for hopping off screen.
- Timeline snapping options, Snap to Frames and Snap to Objects let you control snapping to frame boundaries and other objects in the timeline.
- Walk Behavior defaults on the Pin Feet When Standing option.
- Additional details are available in the in the Character Animator What’s New Page.
- Insert Recording mode allows users to punch-in new recordings anywhere in an audio file, rippling existing audio forward, without having to manually cut-in a separate audio segment.
- Stock Motion Graphics templates: Dozens of new motion graphics templates with Media Replacement are now available on Adobe Stock making it easier for Premiere Pro users to incorporate their own video or graphics, such as logos.
- Expanded format support now includes the ability to import ARRI Alexa Mini footage in Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Media Encoder.
- Equitable language and reference imagery updates across apps better respect the diversity of our users and our desire to enable Creativity for All.
- Public Beta: Users are encouraged to try, and provide feedback on, Multi-Frame Rendering in After Effects and other new features, currently in public Beta.
- Rollover to 2021 versions for Premiere Pro & After Effects: Transitions to new 2021 release versions are underway after the completion of work on underlying cross-application functionalities for graphics.
- Faster Warp Stabilizer in Premiere Pro and After Effects - optimized analysis provides a 4x speed gain for reducing camera shake in UHD footage.
- Cloud-driven collaboration and remote work: Premiere Pro and After Effects use the cloud to enable remote collaboration - like Creative Cloud Libraries for organizing and sharing branded assets and Team Projects, giving editors and motion graphics artists a common project file format for secure collaboration.
- Team Projects enhancements allow user to share changes to projects more quickly and search in projects twice as fast as before.