Supporting over 1,600 recipients so far, Epic Games continues its commitment to furthering the progress of creators, anywhere, doing outstanding work with Unreal Engine or contributing to open-source capabilities for the 3D graphics community; nearly 400 new recipients have been named in 2021 alone.
Epic Games has announced this year’s recipients of the Epic MegaGrants program. The $100M Epic MegaGrants program represents the company’s commitment to supporting people from around the globe doing outstanding work with Unreal Engine or enhancing open-source capabilities for the 3D graphics community -- whether they’re creating a game that will delight audiences, telling stories in a feature film, or helping to save lives with state-of-the-art medical training solutions. The program, launched in 2019, has supported more than 1,600 creators and teams across 89 countries, with nearly 400 new recipients benefiting from the program this year alone.
Check out this year’s highlight reel:
This year's new recipients include a wide variety of teams and projects, including:
- Noisestorm - Crab Champions: Claw your way across exotic islands to become a crab champion in Survival, Racing, and Duel modes.
- Holy Cow Productions / Hobo Interactive / The Cirqus: Bot Rods: Race around a futuristic world in Bot Rods, a family-friendly arcade game filled with adorable robot characters. Use power-ups, quirky weapons, and shortcuts to pilot your way to the top.
- Hook Up Animation – Gilgamesh: The feature film tells the mythical story of Gilgamesh, king of Uruk, who tyrannizes his subjects until they implore the gods for help. The deities decide to create Enkidu, a being whose destiny is to show Gilgamesh the limits of his power.
- MELS Studios - MELS Virtual Production: MELS is expanding their virtual production offering, using the power of Unreal Engine to combine their studios, equipment, and post-production expertise into a singular production pipeline, complete with a dedicated real-time group.
- The Fabricant - TF Studio, Season 0: Create digital fashion to own, wear, and monetize in the metaverse with The Fabricant Studio platform, which allows users to collaborate with 3D designers and fashion brands while retaining a share of creators’ ownership on any pieces you’ve contributed to.
- b.ReX GmbH - Intelligent Cycling: An indoor cycling adventure offers than 13 ever-changing, VR-ready environments based on user’s real-time workout with Intelligent Cycling; free and available on (3D worlds on desktop only).
A complete list of this year's recipients is available here.
Source: Epic Games