Short film submissions are due by June 30, features by July 31, for the famed Japanese ‘Airport Festival’ coming November 5-8, 2021.
The New Chitose Airport International Animation Festival, the one and only “Airport Festival,” is still accepting submissions for animated short and feature films. The deadline for shorts is June 30, July 31 for features. Films can be submitted via the online submission form or Film Freeway. Additional information is available here.
The festival is being held November 5-8, 2021, at the Terminal Building, New Chitose Airport (Theater, Event Spaces).
Awards will be given in the following categories:
Short Film Competition (deadline: June 30th)
- Grand Prix: 1 million JPY
- Japan Grand Prix: 500,000 JPY
- New Talent Award: 200,000 JPY
- Best Music Animation: 100,000 JPY
- Audience Award: 100,000 JPY
- Best Student Film: Memento
- Kids Award: Memento
Feature Film Competition (deadline: July 31st)
- Grand Prix (Feature Film): 300,000 JPY
Source: New Chitose Airport International Animation Festival