Streamer releases a trove of materials for its highly anticipated animated series based on BioWare’s popular ‘Dragon Age’ game; show hits the streamer in December.
Netflix has shared a slew of news about their upcoming animated series, Dragon Age: Absolution, based on the hugely popular award-winning Dragon Age video game franchise that introduced audiences and players to the world of Thedas. This series is set in Tevinter and features an ensemble of new characters inspired by Dragon Age lore. It debuts on the streamer December 9.
If that’s not enough info and you’re still thinking… elves, mages, knights, Qunari, Red Templars, demons, and other unimaginable surprises, then check out the all-new trailer, key art, and first look images released by the streamer today (below). And did we mention the cast announcement?
Here’s the just-announced voice cast, complete with character descriptions!
- Kimberly Brooks as Miriam - A pragmatic elven mercenary with a heroic nature who escaped enslavement in Tevinter.
- Matthew Mercer as Fairbanks - A veteran freedom fighter who leads our heroes with a sense of adventure, a pair of daggers, and a dashing smile.
- Ashly Burch as Qwydion - Bubbly, open-hearted, and easily distracted, Qunari is mage with a penchant for explosions.
- Sumalee Montano as Hira - An idealistic mage who hopes to rekindle her relationship with Miriam while advancing her relentless crusade against Tevinter.
- Phil LaMarr as Roland – Charming with an effortless demeanor, Roland possesses unmatched grit.
- Keston John as Lacklon - A dwarven Lord of Fortune who is a gruff fighter, a born brawler, a complete glory hound, and just enough of a coward to make sure he stays alive.
- Josh Keaton as Rezaren - Born to privilege and plagued by tragedy, he sees himself as a good man in a wicked world.
- Zehra Fazal as Tassia - Dutiful and hardworking, Tassia turns a blind eye to everything that doesn’t meet her moral standards.
In the story, when a heist against the most powerful man in Tevinter goes south, an elven mercenary named Miriam (Brooks) is forced into a desperate fight for survival. To save herself and her friends, Miriam must confront the tragic past she’s spent a lifetime trying to escape.
Get ready... for some maging and Tvintering!
Dragon Age: Absolution is created in collaboration with BioWare (creators of the award-winning Dragon Age video game franchise). The showrunner is Mairghread Scott, with Red Dog Culture House producing the animation. Directed by Ki Yong Bae, the show is executive produced by Scott, Chris Bain, Matthew Goldman, and John Epler. The writers include Mae Catt, Tim Sheridan, and Scott.