Both new shows get Season 2 pickup: streamer also adds 4 new fun and educational animated shows to its 2022 preschool line-up.
Netflix is expanding its preschool programming with the renewal of two popular new CG animated series and greenlight on four new ones. Fan favorite series Ridley Jones and Ada Twist, Scientist will each return for a second season; kids can also look forward to the addition of fun and educational new animated series Action Pack, The Creature Cases, Big Tree City, and Deepa & Anoop in 2022.
“We're creating preschool series for our youngest viewers and their families in over 190 countries to invite them to play, laugh, and learn with us,” commented Netflix head of preschool Heather Tilt. “And we want to tell more stories with world class creators to reach young viewers everywhere.”
The upcoming series join other Netflix preschool offerings for kids aged 2-6, including Ask the StoryBots, Mighty Little Bheem, Go! Go! Cory Carson, Gabby’s Dollhouse, CoCoMelon and Go, Dog. Go!
Ridley Jones returns for Season 2 this November.
- Ridley and her friends, Peaches, Fred, Ismat, Dudley and Dante continue their nightly adventures when the lights go out, the doors lock shut, and all the exhibits come to life at The Museum of Natural History.
- The series is created, and executive produced by Chris Nee.
Check out the Season 2 trailer:
Ada Twist, Scientist returns for Season 2 in 2022.
- The show follows a pint-sized scientist with a giant-sized curiosity, who aspires to discover the answer to absolutely everything. Ada, along with her best friends Iggy Peck and Rosie Revere will be back to explore more ways science is a part of everyday life.
- Showrunner and executive producer is Kerri Grant; developed for TV by Nee; executive producers are Nee (Laughing Wild), Mark Burton (Wonder Worldwide), Tonia Davis and Priya Swaminathan (Higher Ground), Andrea Beaty (author, “Ada Twist, Scientist”), and David Roberts (illustrator, “Ada Twist, Scientist”).
The four new series are:
Action Pack – coming January 2022
- A preschool superhero adventure series from OddBot Inc. The Action Pack is a group of heroic kids, Treena, Watts, Wren and Clay, with incredible superpowers. Together they take on the biggest threats in Hope Springs, they implement the lessons taught by Mr. Ernesto at the Action Academy and fulfill their ultimate mission of bringing out the good in everything, even in villains!
- The series is animated by ICON Creative Studios. Executive producer/showrunner is Chris Hamilton (Muppet Babies, Corn & Peg); story editor is Shea Fontana (DC Super Hero Girls, Wonder Woman); and created by Bill Harper.
The Creature Cases – coming Spring 2022
- The animated action-comedy series follows the adventures of Sam Snow and Kit Casey, agents of CLADE: the Covert League of Animal Detective Experts. In a world populated exclusively by animals, these brilliant sleuths travel the globe solving mind-boggling mysteries that mix real zoological facts with wild detective action!
- The series is produced by Silvergate Media and animated by TeamTO. Kurt Mueller, Adam Idelson serves as executive producers; and Gabe Pulliam is creator/head writer.
Big Tree City – coming Spring 2022
- An all action, all comedy series from Emmy Award winning Blue Zoo Animation. Hot sauce Volcanoes, biscuit dinosaur mysteries and exploding soda pop factories; Join the wild rescues of Major Prickles and his overzealous team, as they try to save the animal citizens of Big Tree City.
- Executive produced by Adam Shaw and Oli Hyatt with Sam Morrison serving as head writer.
Deepa & Anoop – coming in 2022
- The all-new, animated preschool series from Mattel Television follows the adventures of fun-loving seven-year-old Deepa and her best friend, Anoop, a color-changing elephant, at Deepa’s family’s bed and breakfast, Mango Manor. Deepa and Anoop are the unofficial "ambassadors of fun" and make sure every guest has the best time possible, often solving the simplest of problems with the most imaginative (and complicated!) solutions that frequently involve large-scale musical numbers.
- Created by Munjal Shroff, Lisa Goldman, and Heather Kenyon (Gnomeo & Juliet); executive produced by Fred Soulie, Senior Vice President & General Manager, Mattel Television (He-Man and Masters of the Universe, Masters of the Universe: Revelation) and Christopher Keenan, Senior Vice President, Creative & Executive Producer, Mattel Television (Thomas & Friends, Barbie: Big City, Big Dreams)