Hall of Fame celebration kicks off two days of in-depth panels and a day of master classes.
LOS ANGELES -- The 2017 edition of the World Animation & VFX Summit has announced this year’s recipient of the Hall of Fame awards and panelist lineup.
This year’s honorees are:
- Actress Nancy Cartwright (iconic voice of Bart Simpson) — award presented by The Simpsons exec producer Al Jean.
- Producer Lori Forte (Ice Age movies, Ferdinand) — award presented by Fox Animation Studio president Vanessa Morrison
- Animation director/writer Glen Keane (Dear Basketball, Disney movies) — award presented by director John Musker (Moana, Princess and the Frog, Hercules, Aladdin)
- French animation distributor PGS Entertainment’s Philippe and Guillaume Soutter (Miraculous, ALVINNN!!!!!! and The Chipmunks, The Little Prince) — Award presented by TV producer Tom Lynch (Scout’s Safari, The Secret World of Alex Mack)
- Frederator Studios founder/CEO and Emmy-winning producer Fred Seibert (Adventure Time, Castlevania, Fairly OddParents) — award presented by Herb Scannell, former president of Nickelodeon Networks.
- DreamWorks Animation’s head of TV physical production Mark Taylor — award presented by Margie Cohn, head of DreamWorks TV Animation.
The awards ceremony will be hosted by Tom Kenny (SpongeBob SquarePants).
The gala event will be followed by two packed summit days in the intimate surroundings of the California Yacht Club in Marina del Rey. All-inclusive networking breakfasts, lunches and cocktail parties anchor the all-day schedule of panels featuring industry luminaries. The focus is on easy access and face-to-face interactions. Speakers will discuss inspiring information about their experiences, the future of the animation and VFX industries, best practices, new ideas and the technologies that will make life in 2018 easier for producers, studio owners and talent.
The final day of the summit will feature Master Classes for the Masters: Alison Norrington, Archita Ghosh, Fred Seibert and Butch Hartman. Breakfast, lunch, an afternoon break snack and cocktails with appetizers will be served. Attendees can purchase these classes individually or as a full-day pass on the summit website.
The World Animation and VFX Summit is a way to travel the world’s geography of the animation and VFX industries, all while relaxing in the ambiance of a private club overlooking the Marina. For more info, visit www.animationmagazine.net/summit
The eclectic lineup of this year’s summit explores many different faces to the animation and VFX industries, from behind-the-scenes tips on how to produce a successful international co-pro, to the nuts and bolts of creating content for VR, to informative talks with the directors and producers of this year’s feature and short film contenders for Academy Awards. Here is a list of some of the top industry professionals who are confirmed to appear on panels:
- Agnes Augustin, CEO/president, Shaw Rocket Fund
- Christine Brendle, CEO, FUN Union
- Kobe Bryant, CEO, Kobe Inc.
- Lawson Deming, owner/VFX supervisor, Barnstorm VFX
- Mo Davoudian, creative director/CEO, Brain Zoo Studios
- Paul DeBenedittis, senior VP, programming, Disney Channels Worldwide
- Vanessa Chapman, managing director, VCJ Media
- Peter Denomme, CEO/exec producer, Switch VFX & Animation
- Joel Douek, composer, sound designer
- Ruth Fielding, producer/partner, Lupus Films
- Archita Ghosh, exec producer/partner, E*D Films
- Jorge Gutierrez, director, Son of Jaguar
- Michaela Hart, animation exec, production specialist
- Michael Hefferon, president, Rainmaker & Mainframe Studios
- Guillaume Hellouin, chairman/co-founder/producer, TeamTO
- Max Howard, producer and animation consultant
- Kevin Tod Haug, VFX designer
- Terry Kalagian, VP creative, Gaumont Animation
- Ken Katsumoto, EVP family entertainment, Lionsgate Entertainment
- Glen Keane, director, Dear Basketball
- Iryna Kostyuk, producer/creator/media expert
- Peter McHugh, manager, The Gotham Group
- Chris McKay, director, The LEGO Batman Movie
- Alison Norrington, writer/producer/founder, storycentral
- Chris O’Reilly, co-founder/ECD, Nexus Studios
- Sandra Rabins, producer/animation executive
- John Robson, managing director, Wildbrain
- Adam Rumanek, founder, Aux Mode
- Richard Scott, CEO, Axis Studios
- David L. Simon, animation producer and executive
- Carlos Saldanha, director, Ferdinand
- Philippe Soutter, co-founder, PGS
- Irene Sparre, exec producer, Wil Film
- Mark Taylor, exec VP, physical production, DreamWorks Animation TV
- Toper Taylor, president, Network of One
- Nicolas Trout, co-head of animation/exec producer, Mikros Image
- Tom van Waveren, CEO/creative director, Cake
- Lin Zhang, CEO, DeZerlin Media
To learn more about the event and secure tickets, visit www.animationmagazine.net/summit
Source: Animation Magazine