Three Savannah College of Art and Design projects earn special mentions from the star-studded jury.
TURIN, ITALY -- VIEW Conference concluded its 18th annual edition, which drew more than 10,000 attendees, by announcing the winners of its VIEW Awards.
The winners of the awards competition, honoring animated short films created during 2016 and 2017, are:
- Best Short: Nachsaison (Late Season). Directed and produced by Daniela Leitner. Produced in Austria, Italy and Portugal. An elderly couple seem to have lost their affections for one another. One day at the beach, after falling asleep, something incredible happens -- that rekindles their long lost romantic feelings. Winner of a 2,000 euro prize.
Jury Prize for Excellence: Rapture. Directed and Produced by: Victor Garrido. When a spaceship crashes in the forest, a raptor's leisure turns into a pursuit for the most elusive prey.
- Special Mentions
- Monsters. Director: Ivan Gerard. Production company: Method Studios.
- Undiscovered. Director: Sarah Litzenberger, Savannah College of Art and Design.
- The Wolf Guru. Director: Mian Quin, Savannah College of Art and Design.
- People of Color. Director: Raghav Arumugam, Savannah College of Art and Design.
The VIEW Awards 2017 jury featured an international panel of judges:
- Kim White, director of photography -- lighting, Cars 3, Pixar Animation Studios
- Jason Bickerstaff, character artist, Pixar Animation Studios
- Alessandro Jacomini, director of photography -- lighting, Disney Animation Studios
- Mark Osborne, director The Little Prince, Kung Fu Panda
- Cinzia Angelini, writer, director and story artist, MILA
- James Salomoni, student, University of Turin
- Professor Maria Elena Gutierrez, CEO & director, VIEW Conference/VIEWFEST -- president of the jury
The event ran Oct. 23-27 and included a stellar line-up of industry leaders from around the world including four-time Oscar winner Joe Letteri, and Oscar winners John Nelson, Hal Hickel and Scott Stokdyk.
The VIEW 2017 Conference is made possible with the support of Compagnia di San Paolo, Fondazione CRT, Piedmont Region, Turin's Chamber of Commerce and the City of Turin, Twith.tv.
Source: VIEW Conference