'Greyhound,' 'Mank,' ‘The Invisible Man,’ and ‘The Midnight Sky’ round out the Critics Choice Association nominations in the Best Visual Effects category for the upcoming 26th annual awards.
The Critics Choice Association (CCA) today announced the film nominees for the 26th annual Critics Choice Awards. The winners will be revealed live The CW on Sunday, March 7, 2021, with film, television, and stage star Taye Diggs returning to host for his third consecutive time. The show will continue its combined Film and Television awards format, honoring both cinematic and televised/streaming achievement.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 26th annual Critics Choice Awards show will be an in-person/virtual hybrid, with Diggs and some of the evening’s presenters filming from a stage in Los Angeles, and nominees appearing remotely from various locations around the world.
Critics Choice Awards are given to honor the finest in cinematic and television achievement. Historically, they are the most accurate predictor of Academy Award nominations. The awards show will be produced by Bob Bain Productions and Berlin Entertainment.
For a complete breakdown of all the nominations, click here.
The nominations for Best Visual Effects:
- Greyhound (Apple TV+)
- The Invisible Man (Universal Pictures)
- Mank (Netflix)
- The Midnight Sky (Netflix)
- Mulan (Disney)
- Tenet (Warner Bros.)
- Wonder Woman 1984 (Warner Bros.)
The nominations for Best Score:
- Alexandre Desplat – The Midnight Sky (Netflix)
- Ludwig Göransson – Tenet (Warner Bros.)
- James Newton Howard – News of the World (Universal Pictures)
- Emile Mosseri – Minari (A24)
- Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross – Mank (Netflix)
- Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross, and Jon Batiste – Soul (Disney)
Source: Critics Choice Association