Animated short film collaboration between Moonbot Studios, Dolby Laboratories and Creative Artists Agency receives five Daytime Emmy nominations, including Outstanding Directing in an Animated Program.
SHREVEPORT, LA -- Silent, an animated short film collaboration between Moonbot Studios, Dolby Laboratories and Creative Artists Agency (CAA) today received five Daytime Emmy nominations, including:
- Outstanding Special Class Animated Program
- Outstanding Directing in an Animated Program (Directors, Brandon Oldenburg, Limbert Fabian)
- Outstanding Sound Mixing – Animation (Re-Recording Mixer, Jurgen Scharpf)
- Outstanding Sound Editing – Animation (Sound Editor, Steve Boeddeker)
- Outstanding Music Direction and Composition (Composer, John Hunter)
Silent is a three-minute animated short film featuring Mr. Morris Lessmore from Moonbot Studios’s Academy Award-winning short film The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore. Lessmore and his fellow street performer dream of bringing their "Picture and Sound Show" to life. When they discover a magical contraption inside an old theatre, they embark on a cinematic adventure of sight and sound, traveling through movie history to find the audience they always wanted. The collaboration celebrates how storytellers, inventors, and technology work together to create cinema magic.
“It’s an honor for our work to receive recognition from the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. It’s led to one amazing crescendo of celebration here at Moonbot,” said Limbert Fabian, who co-directed the animated short film with Moonbot partner Brandon Oldenburg. The pair previously received honors at the Emmy Awards for their work on a collaboration with Chipotle Mexican Grill, The Scarecrow.