New mocha planar tracking plugin delivers GPU acceleration and streamlined workflows to OFX hosts including The Foundry’s NUKE and Blackmagic Design’s Fusion.
Boris FX & Imagineer Systems have announced mocha Pro 5 plug-in for OFX. mocha Pro’s visual effects software has been used on numerous high profile film and television projects including Game of Thrones, Star Wars:Episode IV and The Walking Dead. The new OFX plug-in capability now gives artists running The Foundry’s Nuke and Blackmagic Design’s Fusion Studio the added capability to launch mocha Pro directly from the host application for an efficient visual effects workflow.mocha Pro 5 plug-in for OFX is available on Windows, OS X and Linux operating systems.
“Compositors are loving the improvements found in the new mocha Pro plug-in,” said Ross Shain, CMO of Boris FX and Imagineer Systems. “We’ve updated the planar tracking algorithm to take advantage of OpenCL video processing and speed increases on high resolution projects are tremendous.”
“While mocha has played a role in VFX projects for years, the ability to now launch directly as an OFX host plug-in helps artists quickly access tools for advanced tracking, roto, object removal and image stabilization without the added hassle of managing multiple applications and projects,” added Shain. “Jumping back and forth between mocha and Nuke or Fusion has never been easier.” Imagineer’s partners and customers are also appreciating the new OFX plug-in.”
According to Brigitte Bourque, Digital Effects Supervisor at award-winning studio FuseFX, “…mocha Pro is an essential tool in our NUKE pipeline. The compositor is the steward of the work we are entrusted with. That means getting the work out on time and on budget. Every one of our compositors uses mocha Pro to help make that happen.”
New in mocha Pro 5
- New Plug-in for OFX. mocha Pro 5 is now available as a plug-in option for OFX capable host editing and effects applications. This new capability adds unique tools for planar tracking, masking, and object removal and makes them fully accessible in The Foundry’s Nuke and Blackmagic Design’s Fusion Studio. (support for other OFX host support coming soon)
- Open CL GPU tracking performance: mocha planar tracking has been updated to take advantage of supported video card hardware for significantly faster motion tracking on high resolution sources.
- Improved online licensing mechanism allows users to easily activate/deactivate a license and run mocha Pro on their computer of choice.
- Improvements & bug fixes: including improved layouts, faster project saving, and much more.
Price List: (USD) mocha Pro 5 Plug-in Option:
● Plug-in Option: OFX (Full) $695
● Plug-in Option: OFX (Upgrade from mocha Pro 4) $395
● Plug-in Option: Multi-Host (Avid, Adobe, OFX) (Full) $995
mocha Pro 5 Standalone Application: $1,495
Cross Platform, floating licenses for enterprise customers are available by request.
Annual Subscription Option:
● 1 Year Subscription includes: Standalone Application + Multi-Host Plug-ins $595