First announced in February, new features in Mixamo 2.0 include a streamlined user experience, improved search capabilities, expanded animation packs, WebGL viewer and bulk downloads.
San Francisco, CA -- Mixamo, Inc. has announced the release of Mixamo 2.0 from beta to the general public. A major upgrade to the company’s online 3D character creation platform, Mixamo 2.0 was first announced in February of this year. The new version includes major updates to the user interface and user experience that make finding, creating, organizing, sharing and purchasing Mixamo’s 3D character assets and animations easier than ever.
New Mixamo 2.0 Features:
- Streamlined User Experience -- Users can now animate their 3D characters with a faster and more straightforward workflow. For example, users will be able to access the animation editing features from more screens, including the search results page.
- Improved Search Capabilities -- A faster, more accurate search function helps artists find what they’re looking for in seconds. In addition, search results will deliver more options, such as characters, animation packs, and individual animations together.
- Expanded Animation Packs - Mixamo 2.0 adds 20 new animation packs spanning different game genres/activities. Every set is also fully customizable.
- WebGL Viewer -- The new WebGL Viewer was developed in collaboration with Verold for 10x faster browsing of characters and animations. Now artists will be able to search and modify assets on their desktop and mobile browsers, with no plugin required.
- Bulk Download -- Users can now organize and download multiple animations at once, which speeds up the work process of creating characters going through a number of different movements.
- Increased User Feedback -- Artists can now “favorite” characters and animations and share them with their team for review.
To celebrate the launch, all Fuse characters auto-rigged on Mixamo can now be downloaded for free. Instead of charging $50 per auto-rig for a Fuse character, there will be no charge at download for an auto-rigged Fuse character. This is true for any Fuse user, regardless of whether or not they have a Mixamo plan, and regardless of whether they are using Fuse or Fuse Basic. Animations on a Fuse character will still be charged per animation per character.
Mixamo 2.0 also features 22 curated animation packs, making it easy to grab complete sets of animations that work together immediately, and their animation collection is always growing. Users can modify their pack’s content so that it includes only what works for their project. Because the viewer is now side-by-side with search results, users can see right away what will work with your existing pack and what won’t.
Source: Mixamo Inc.