Nine collected editions of comics by writers behind hits such as ‘The Deuce,’ ‘The Fast and Furious’ premiere at the annual show.
NEW YORK -- 451 Media Group will exclusively premiere nine graphic novels, previously released only in single-issue series, created by some of the most sought-after TV and movie writers at this year’s New York Comic Con.
Co-founded by acclaimed director and producer Michael Bay, 451 delivers an immersive entertainment experience combining cutting edge digital technology with content from some of the Hollywood’s top creative minds.
451 Media Group has produced trade paperback editions of all its properties for the first time, nine titles of which will be making their debut at NYCC.
Created by marquee Hollywood talent, the titles include:
- S6X -- From master author/screenwriter George Pelecanos (HBO's The Deuce, The Wire and The Pacific) comes an explosive tale of war and the lives of six soldiers altered forever, who reunite for one last mission to bring down those who threaten one of their own in a full fury showdown risking everything they have.
- Red Dog -- From Rob Cohen (writer of The Fast and The Furious, xXx and upcoming film Hurricane Heist) comes an all-new sci-fi adventure that follows Kyle, the only child on a distant planet, and his robot dog Red. When Red goes missing in the savage alien landscape, Kyle goes in search of his friend facing dangers beyond imagination and proves no matter how far in space you go, there’s no greater bond than one between a boy and his dog.
- NVRLND -- From the creative minds of the writing team Stephanie Salyers and Dylan Mulik comes NVRLND, a dark and magical re-imagining of Peter Pan set in present-day Hollywood. Wallflower turned wild-child Wendy Darling befriends the fiery Tiger Lily and enters the rave scene of the underground club NVRLND. Intoxicated by music and pixie dust, Wendy falls for the enigmatic Peter, lead singer of The Lost Boys. You think you may know the truth about NVRLND but the truth is you know nothing.
- Stained -- Meet Emma London: recovery artist and bounty hunter for hire. She is strong, possibly indomitable, and did we mention ... part machine. Emma enters dark places that no one else will go to track down the subhuman criminals lurking in the underbelly of society and bring them to justice. From David Baron, 2016 Harvey Nominee and top comic professional spanning over twenty plus years with highlights including Green Arrow: Year One, Planetary, The Authority, JLA, Detective Comics (The Black Mirror), Green Lantern, Divinity and Bloodshot: Reborn.
Additional graphic novels premiering from 451:
- Self-Storage -- A Zom-rom-com from Clay McLeod Chapman, the writer of The Boy, Henley, Edge of Spider-Verse and Marvel's Universe Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
- Humbug -- A masterly plotted merry and manic mash-up of Sherlock Holmes and Ghostbusters from A.J. Gentile, the writers and creators of Micronauts and Visionaries.
- Sunflower -- A psychological thriller from Mark Mallouk, writer of Black Mass, starring Johnny Depp.
- ExMortis -- An epic WWII action adventure from the minds of Paul and Pete Williams, the VFX gurus behind Avatar, Rise of the Planet of the Apes and The Chronicles of Narnia.
- Bad Moon Rising -- A wild smash up of The Wolfman and Sons of Anarchy, from writer/producer Scott Rosenberg (Con Air, Gone in 60 Seconds, Jumanji 2, Welcome to the Jungle and the CBS series ZOO).
NYCC will be held Oct. 5-8 at the Javits Center in the heart of NYC. Visit 451 Media at Booth #444. Learn more about these and other original story titles at 4five1.com. Or order copies through 451’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/451official/.
Source: 451 Media Group