Cinema 4D, Redshift, Forger, Red Giant, Moves by Maxon, and Maxon Capsules see numerous improvements offering users advanced simulation, overall enhancements, and optimized workflows.
Maxon has announced a major Fall 2022 update to the company’s product line with a range of new features and enhancements for Maxon One and the addition of user-requested features for Cinema 4D 2023, including simulation advancements, modeling with symmetry, improved asset management, and native OCIO support. The Redshift team continues its development with Stacked Materials, and Forger now supports new professional workflows with the addition of Cinema 4D's polygonal modeling engine. Red Giant added text effects for Universe, new sprites for Trapcode, and performance updates for VFX. Moves by Maxon has received a facelift, and its Capsules initiative gets new assets for Cinema 4D.
Cinema 4D 2023 introduces new features, including Symmetry modeling and enhancements to the Unified Simulation System.
- Cinema 4D’s Unified Simulation System now includes Soft Bodies, new stickiness, and mixed animation options.
- Vertex Maps and Vertex Color tags controlled by Fields now work on most generators, which facilitates artists’ use of procedural elements when creating effects.
- Modeling with symmetry allows mirrored changes on the model. Users can define symmetry using the world grid, the object axis, a custom workplane, or the model's topology.
- OpenColorIO enables cinematic ACEScg color space and a unified color pipeline across all Maxon tools, while Redshift OCIO support now integrates with Cinema 4D’s settings.
- Watch Folders in the asset browser provides storage of assets anywhere on the file system.
- The improved GoZ bridge easily transfers models between C4D and ZBrush, simplifying the rendering of sculptures with photorealism.
- Rounded Corners for Redshift CPU (previously only Redshift GPU).
- Random Walk mode is helpful for skin, wax, and jade offering better detail, colors, and more accurate subsurface scattering.
- Volume technology’s recent developments have ushered in improvements with new blackbody shading controls recreating realistic-looking fire and smoke VDBs with emission colors based on temperature. In addition, the introduction of volumetric anisotropy controls how volumes react to the incoming light direction.
- New Material Stacking for decals, material blending, and texture remapping.
Forger now includes Cinema 4D's feature-rich, proven polygonal modeling engine so artists can build highly sophisticated hard-surface models.
- Polygonal Modeling Tools for extruding points, edges, or polygons, beveling edges, creating insets on faces, and bridging parts of a model.
- Users will find a seamless transition between new modeling tools and Forger’s 3D Sculpting tools.
- The On-screen 3D Gizmo is helpful for actions such as moving along an axis, rotation, scaling, and transforming.
- Artists can now move their work between Forger and Cinema 4D using the Sharing feature.
Red Giant includes updates for nearly every tool and over 100 new presets for Generators and shiny text effects.
- 75+ new animated sprites for 2D shapes and bursts.
- Improved loading time for the Particular Designer.
- Magic Bullet 2023 adds Halation and Diffusion tools to Looks in Cinema 4D.
- Improved Looks C4D workflow in OCIO mode.
- Updates include significant improvements to the Looks integration in Unreal Engine 5.
- Denoiser is now available for Final Cut Pro and compatible with Apple M1 machines.
- Red Giant VFX 2023 offers enhanced performance and stability.
- Bug fixes for Supercomp, Primatte, and Real Lens Flares.
- Universe 2023 adds support for alpha layers in Avid Media Composer, Generate text effects, and track mattes.
- Universe 2023 comes with 100+ new presets for Generators.
Moves by Maxon
The latest update for Moves by Maxon simplifies the capture of face and body movements.
- Updates for capture workflows and stability.
- Capture objects, lay the work aside, and resume capturing at a later point.
- Captured Face and Body textures are reviewable in the app.
- New look for Moves: the product now shines in Maxon’s colors, red and black.
Maxon One subscribers get a newly released series of eight coffee tables for the Cinema 4D Asset Browser.
- All coffee tables from the classic Cinema 4D asset library have been optimized and retextured for use with Redshift.
- Maxon One and Cinema 4D subscribers get access to these royalty-free assets for use in their projects
Watch the Maxon Fall 2022 Release Video and visit the Maxon website for more information: