New features and workflow improvements across the company’s product line include Cinema 4D’s Pyro for the creation of fire, smoke, and explosions, and an integrated Redshift Camera and Radial Symmetry for modeling; new features for Forger, VFX, and Trapcode were also announced.
At the November 3D and Motion Show, Maxon revealed several updates to the company’s product line of professional software solutions for editors, filmmakers, motion designers, and visual effects artists.
Highlights include a new feature for Cinema 4D - Pyro - that allows artists to create fire, smoke, and explosions, now easily simulated using GPU or CPU. Other Cinema 4D features include an integrated Redshift Camera and Radial Symmetry for modeling. Forger expands its professional modeling functions by adding Cinema 4D's Symmetry capabilities, and the latest release of VFX enhances Real Lens Flares with more natural elements, adding Schmutz and Diffraction effects to the optical simulation. Finally, the latest version of Trapcode offers an interactive and updated user interface for Particular's curves and color gradients.
Cinema 4D 2023.1
- Pyro allows artists to emit smoke, fire, and explosions from any Cinema 4D object or spline and quickly simulate the effects on the GPU or CPU. Smoke density, fire temperature, and more parameters can be controlled to art-direct the simulation. With Pyro’s integration with Cinema 4D’s Unified Simulation System, cloth and soft bodies can be set ablaze and fan the flames.
- The new integrated RS Camera features intuitive physical camera controls and Redshift effect settings. A new sensor fit option makes it easy to render with overscan or adapt compositions for various aspect ratios.
- The new Radial Symmetry feature enables artists to interactively model anything round by defining a number of slices and offset.
- Viewport preview of Redshift materials is improved, with support for animated textures, ramps, and color correction nodes.
- Support for procedural polygon selections and vertex maps on generators has been improved and now also includes support for field-based point and edge selections.
Forger continues to bring the comprehensive modeling capabilities of Cinema 4D to iPad with the addition of Symmetry modeling.
- Mirror models in Forger with symmetry in the new release making the modeling experience on the iPad closer than ever to what Cinema 4D offers on the desktop.
- The first full launch of Real Lens Flares contains new features and performance improvements. Since our engine has now been field tested since launch, presets and project backwards compatibility can be ensured.
- Dozens of new presets as well as base lens prescriptions have been added to Real Lens Flares.
- Schmutz makes a grimy lens sparkle in the light that is reflected off the glass and users can choose from multiple different textures.
- Diffraction happens as light bends around the edge of an aperture, adding a rippling effect in our reflections, while subtly softening the render.
Trapcode 2023.1 offers a completely refreshed and upgraded user interface for the Particular curves and color gradients as well as new emitter block presets for Form behaviors and improved performance.
- The new curve and color gradient UIs make it easier to control and art direct the look of particles.
- Four new Form behavior presets were added to the Designer’s emitter block inside of Particular to speed up the creative process.
- Several improvements have been added to the migration of older projects as well as improved Bounce physics.
- Enhanced interactivity with the Curve Pencil tool allows users to get desired results more quickly with better control because of the Curve Multi-point selection and improved Curve Point Location controls.
- Users can now save, load, and share their own custom Curve and Gradient presets.
- Redesigned Color Gradients are more responsive and have greater precision and flexibility in gradient creation.
Maxon delivers Capsule assets that subscribers can use as a creative kickstart. Artists can now easily compose a product shot with the new Backdrop Primitive. A new Square Star Spline and FUI Ring Spline create a variety of crosshair and reticule shapes for FUI graphics.
Cineware for Unreal
An updated Cineware for Unreal integration now supports Cinema 4D 2023.1 and Unreal Engine 5.0.3. Easily import C4D files into Unreal and make changes without leaving the engine environment.