Update includes new character animation tools, improved UV workflows, and new scene node system.
Maxon has announced the availability of Cinema 4D Release 23 (R23), the next generation of their professional 3D software, now with powerful enhancements to its animation and UV workflows, character animation toolset, and the inclusion of Magic Bullet Looks technology. The announcement was made in conjunction with their own live, virtual 3D Motion and Design Show and the IBC 2020 conference.
With the introduction of the new Scene Nodes system, users have a preview of the performance they can expect in future developments of Cinema 4D. The update to Python 3 and creative pipelines will benefit plugin developers with the inclusion of USD import/export and updates to FBX and OBJ handling. R23 is now available as an upgrade for perpetual license holders.
See Cinema 4D R23 in Action at IBC 2020
Maxon is debuting the feature performance in Cinema 4D R23 at this year’s virtual IBC Showcase. Tune in online at 3DMotionShow through September 11, for presentations from world-leading 3D and animation artists.
“Cinema 4D R23 delivers robust advancements to the animation workflows and core technologies that empower 3D artists to create content intuitively and to the highest production standards,” commented Maxon CEO, Dave McGavran. “We look forward to debuting all that is creatively possible with R23 alongside innovations from our sister companies Red Giant, Redshift, and partners.”
R23 Feature Highlights
- New Character Animation Tools: Includes new Character Solver and Delta Mush workflows as well as a new Pose Manager and Toon/Face Rigs.
- Animation Workflow: Better Keyframing, Filters for the Timeline and Attributes Manager, and more.
- UV Workflows: All the powerful UV editing capabilities introduced in Cinema 4D S22 (the subscription-only upgrade) plus new tools geared toward UV workflows for hard-surface models.
- Magic Bullet Looks Integration: Easily apply one of over 200 preset film looks, import LUTs, or work with individual tools for color correction, film grain, chromatic aberration and much more.
- Scene Nodes: Scene Nodes allows users to explore massive Distributions and Procedural Modeling in advance of the further Cinema 4D core engine development for optimal creativity and experimentation.
A complete list of new features, updates, pricing, and availability are available on Maxon’s website.