Numerous improvements revealed for ZBrush 2024 and Cineware’s import of Cinema 4D files into Unreal Engine; a new batch of Capsules give artists an even wider assortment of resources.
Maxon has announced a comprehensive update to several Maxon One subscription offering products, including ZBrush, Cineware, and a batch of new Capsules.
Here’s what’s new:
ZBrush 2024 Improvements
- The Anchors Brush update enables use of the brush without masking the surface.
- Split to Parts extends Knife Brush capabilities by allowing assets to be divided into pieces while keeping sliced parts as separate or unified parts within the SubTool menu.
- The Gizmo and Transpose tools now feature topology masking along with capacity to snap to the center of the masking region.
- Cinema 4D noises are now available in the ZBrush surface noise gallery.
- New Repeat to Similar feature lets artists easily repeat changes from a source mesh while editing and have them populate target meshes with the same polygon count. The feature also supports sculpting changes, full mesh replacement, masking, and polygrouping.
- Grow and Shrink mask capabilities are expanded to include more dynamic control and increased design potential.
- A new stroke option, DragStamp, allows control of the intensity associated with an alpha being dragged onto the surface by moving the cursor back and forth.
- Two new buttons added for creases promote more control over asset areas where creases and edges occur. Crease Unmasked and Uncrease Unmasked.
- Insert Mesh Brushes are now compatible with Stroke menu options.
Cineware for Unreal now features improved import of Cinema 4D files into Unreal Engine. Also, Redshift materials with subsurface scattering are now supported. The texture size can be adjusted before every import, allowing for more flexibility managng texture quality.
The addition of new Capsules gives artists a wide assortment of resources, including:
- A collection of Studio Lighting HDRs created with HDR Light Studio by Lightmap Ltd. helps kickstart product shots and title designs.
- The Laubwerk plant collection has new trees, grasses, and flowering plants.
- Continued updates of
- Classic assets library for Redshift compatibility is continuously updated, reducing poly counts, modernizing designs, and creating Redshift materials for all assets.
- Updates include several generic household products to fill out a kitchen or set dress a grocery store.
Visit the Maxon website for more information.