Digital artists, motion designers, animators, graphic artists, visualizers, and students of all skill levels invited to ‘Create,’ ‘Connect’ and ‘Celebrate;’ first stop, University of Texas – Dallas, April 28.
Maxon kicks off "The Design and Animation Tour" (DAT) North American leg April 28, boasting an extensive line-up of industry-leading guest presenters. The event, co-produced with Mograph.com, is designed to inspire, educate, and motivate creative professionals and new artists worldwide.
Major sponsors include leading technology companies Dell and Nvidia, Render Network creator OTOY, and software solutions reseller Toolfarm.
“With the cancellation of major industry events such as NAB and IBC at the onset of the pandemic, we brought the 3D and Motion Design Shows, as well as our regular weekly workshops, to the virtual world, and we’ve seen exceptional attendance and feedback over the last few years,” said Maxon CMO Paul Babb. “But it’s time to get back to in-person events after easing back in 2022. Our creative community is eager for more live tutorials and demonstrations, and we want to bring this directly to their cities. This roadshow will help us to reconnect with our community and partners in a more personal, in-person experience, and we hope to inspire creativity and innovation amongst those who attend.”
Maxon and Mograph.com Roadshow events are open to digital artists, motion designers, animators, graphic artists, visualizers, and students of all skill levels.
Maxon will stream several events live, and recordings will be available online after each event for on-demand viewing.
Each event will consist of three distinct segments:
- Create: Tips and techniques for creating VFX, motion graphics, and interactive media using the Maxon One suite of tools and other industry-leading products.
- Connect: Featuring a panel discussion with local and visiting industry leaders, including audience participation. Topics will include the world of design, education, continued learning, job hunting, networking, contract work, mental health, work/life balance, and the complex social issues facing the modern digital artist.
- Celebrate: Closing out each event will be a social mixer with food, drinks, prize giveaways, and swag, offering local students and artists a chance to meet with industry professionals, studios, and any other attendees. This event will move to a separate venue in select cities, such as breweries, art galleries, or event centers, to coincide with other motion graphics events.
Each city will feature industry professionals demonstrating their key workflows and best practices. Full line-ups for each show will be available online, but attendees can expect to see presentations from popular Maxon regulars such as:
- EJ Hassenfratz: A multi-Emmy winning freelance motion design artist based out of Denver, Hassenfratz has conducted webinars, presented at NAB, Adobe Video World, SIGGRAPH, and other events worldwide and also creates tutorials for School of Motion and lynda.com.
- Chris Schmidt: The founder of Rocket Lasso, Schmidt has been providing workflow-enhancing plugins, tutorials, and live-streamed knowledge to the Maxon community for two decades. Every Wednesday, artists can find him on Twitch, diving into various topics as he tackles questions live from the audience.
- Jonathan Winbush: The multi-award-winning motion graphics artist and owner of Winbush Immersive has over a decade of experience in television, virtual, and augmented reality. An official Unreal partner, he continues to create content on his YouTube Channel about Unreal Engine, Motion Graphics, Virtual Production, and Interactive Development.
The first leg of the Maxon 2023 Roadshow will be visiting the following locations:
- April 28 - University of Texas, Dallas, TX
- May 11 - Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, Denver, CO
- May 17 - Penn Museum, Philadelphia, PA
- June 11 - Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- July TBD – Seattle, WA
- September TBD – Chicago, IL
- November - December TBD – Atlanta, GA, Tampa and Miami, FL, Charleston, SC
- July 28 - Vancouver Film School, Vancouver, BC
- August - DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Downtown, Toronto, ON
- August 22 - DoubleTree by Hilton Montreal, Montreal, QC
- November TBD - London, Paris, Berlin, Barcelona, Milan
Full location details and entry information will be available on GoToDat.com.